IGNORED

Charging problem on 84VR

Recently, my 84VR has developed problems charging the battery. I put a new battery in last year and have never had problems until now. While running down the road, the voltmeter always pegged out just above the 12 volt mark, where that slash mark is. Now the voltmeter barely reads to the 12 volt mark and if I don't put a charger on the battery, it gets to the point where it won't turn over at all. If I let it rest up a bit, the battery gets a little life back and it soon turns over but it is definitely not charging properly.

Where should I start looking? Thanks in advance!

A little soething to add to Georges writing here.. Not to dice down anyones equipment but I have learned by experience that digital is wayyyy ore sensitive then analog. Unless your testing sensitive devices you are money ahead to stick with a cheap little analog meter as they tend to be less subject to "eddie currents" and residual reading then digital meters are.. You want something that is putting a small load on the system when checking voltages that size.. If your going to try and test it with a real sensitive digital meter your almost better off just shootin a resistance check..

I have a voltmeter that I actually use a small light bulb in series with to put a load on the line I a testing.. I do this to get away from any resisdual reading that ay toss e a curve..

Just a thought

'Puc

The main thing is that the voltage on One of the three wires is not Substantialy lower then the other two.

The actual voltage is not that important. They should all be within about 1/2 volt of each other. Some read around 6 volts each, others go to 10 or above.