IGNORED

Birmingham Hip Resurfacing

Dooder1

Well 22 years of building Aerial and Underground Cable TV Systems has taken a toll on my hips. My left hip is in the worst shape. After seeing 3 Doctors they they came to the conclusion that I need a Birmingham Hip resurfacing, Not quite a full hip replacement.

\

They elected to do this instead of a full replacement because they say Im to young.

My question is, has anyone on here had this done and how long was the recovery period.\

From what I have read it is 6 to 12 months. Will have it done sometime between March and May. This means the wife and I will be caging to the International Rally which really sucks since its here right in our back yard.

Once the hip is healed then will have my foot done which is another 4 to 6 months recovery.

Doc says right hip will probably need to be done also in the next 3 years. So looks like my

bike might be sitting for a while :crying:

John

I had a full hip replacement done and 6 weeks later had the full knee replacement. The hip was a piece of cake. 2 weeks and I was driving a car and 3 weeks riding the bike. The knee took alittle longer about 6 weeks and it was fine. I have gotten back into bowling last month and have not had a problem with either one.

Just do the PT and all the excerises they tell you to do and you will be fine.

Good luck and don't let it get you down.

Steve

Thanks for the well wishes. Doctor just called my surgery date is June 1st unless he has a cancellation before then. So hopefully I will get to go to the St Charles meet and eat. :cool10: But for sure it looks like I will be caging to the International Rally.:crying:

John

Thanks for the well wishes. Doctor just called my surgery date is June 1st unless he has a cancellation before then. So hopefully I will get to go to the St Charles meet and eat. :cool10: But for sure it looks like I will be caging to the International Rally.:crying:

John

I will be thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jeffreyfrog

he may also need a dr note if he got it replaced with something that wont make it thru the metal detector at the airport. depending on which hip... ask for the aisle seat that will be on either the left or right side of the plane based on his comfort level.

Bimingham Hip Resurface