IGNORED

mp3 location

ventureblue

been thinkin the same thing myself - kinda settled on the inside of the fairing - below the throttle. There's a ton-o-room down there.

Picked up a small windsheld bag that i'll attach/bolt on.

it'll be pretty well hidden / protected.

yes - i'll not drill holes until i have the front fairing off. i know there's a lot of "Stuff" tucked back up there..

I attached my MP3 player with the armband around the brake fluid reservoir on the right side with a short cord to the auxilliary port. Very clean and fuctional. Hope this helps!:080402gudl_prv:

I attached my MP3 player with the armband around the brake fluid reservoir on the right side with a short cord to the auxilliary port. Very clean and fuctional. Hope this helps!:080402gudl_prv:

hmm good idea. I just want to be able to get to it easy enought o change the song. I have a very small phillips mp3 player so it shouldn't be that hard to find a place. Thanks

Man that was a good idea. I mounted it with the armband strap like you said. It works good and is portable too. Thanks for the idea. The only thing was loosing the extra 4' of cable. The shortest i could find was 6'. Thanks again.

Guest moondog

i just used velcro and attached to brake rev, found a retrackable cord and work great, no hanging wire and easy to place and remove. Only problem i've had was changing tunes, the buttons are so small on mp3 and with gloves on makes it harder. By the way my first time here and its a great site!!

I tried mine velcroed to the handlebars. Discovered that along with not being able to read the display in sunlight well there was no way I was going to be able to control it on the road. Buttons way too small for me. Also worried about rain or dropping it. I ended up putting it in the trunk. Ran a audio extension cord under the seats and tank into the fairing. Connected into the aux input with an Y harness so the cassette door stays closed. Not being able to change songs isn’t too bad in use since it is at least its like my own radio station with no talking.

Jerry

Pictures would be nice if possible!

Armband? The Yamaha MP3 player that for my Venture came with two adhesive-backed strips of velcro. I couldn't figure out what to do with this velcro, so I made a strap out of some extra velcro I had lying around, passed the velcro through the slots in the back of the rubber MP3 cover, and strapped it to the handlebars (see attached picture). I'm not real happy with this, but at least I can coil up the extra connector cable and hold it under the strap.

I find the Yamaha MP3 player to be a pain. It is difficult to turn on (it sometimes gets into a state where it doesn't seem to want to turn on, and I have to turn the switch off then on to smarten it up), and it re-starts at the same song each time it is turned on. That really sucks because it is a pain to skip through a large number of songs. I have 255 songs on it now and I've only ever heard the first few of them over and over and over.

Pictures would be nice if possible!

Armband? The Yamaha MP3 player that for my Venture came with two adhesive-backed strips of velcro. I couldn't figure out what to do with this velcro, so I made a strap out of some extra velcro I had lying around, passed the velcro through the slots in the back of the rubber MP3 cover, and strapped it to the handlebars (see attached picture). I'm not real happy with this, but at least I can coil up the extra connector cable and hold it under the strap.

I find the Yamaha MP3 player to be a pain. It is difficult to turn on (it sometimes gets into a state where it doesn't seem to want to turn on, and I have to turn the switch off then on to smarten it up), and it re-starts at the same song each time it is turned on. That really sucks because it is a pain to skip through a large number of songs. I have 255 songs on it now and I've only ever heard the first few of them over and over and over.

TRY GOING TO THE MENU (IF ITS LIKE OTHER MP3 PLAYERS AND MAKE SURE IT SET UP TO PLAY "ALL" SONGS. i BOUGHT A $50 PHILLIPS THAT HOLDS ABOUT 200 SONGS AND THE ARM BAND FITS NICLY AROUND THE BRAKE RES. WORKED OUT REALLY GOOD OVER THE WEEKEND WHEN WE WENT TO LURAY VA. IF WE HIT A DEAD SPOT I JUST TURNED ON THE MP3

Guest skunk328

I kept mine in my vest pocket for a while. Worked great until I noticed that the plug wasn't all the way in the MP3 player because it wasn't playing through all speakers. So, I fiddled with the plug on the MP3 in my pocket......then watched the MP3 bounce down the road behind me.

Great ideas! I'll have to try one when I get a new MP3. :rotf:

RAM Mounts have a wide selection of mounting hardware. It's all good quality and the price isn't astronomical. I've used RAM mounts (on motorcycles & boats) for years with GPS units, MP3 players, cell phones & cameras and have nothing but positive experiences.

Among the best prices & selection can be found at http://www.expressmounts.com

All those other ideas sound great, too... and cheaper!

RAM Mounts have a wide selection of mounting hardware. It's all good quality and the price isn't astronomical. I've used RAM mounts (on motorcycles & boats) for years with GPS units, MP3 players, cell phones & cameras and have nothing but positive experiences.

Among the best prices & selection can be found at http://www.expressmounts.com

All those other ideas sound great, too... and cheaper!

good idea for a more perm. mount. Thanks for the link.

Guest redrs

I have a Creative Zen and I ordered the pouch that J&M Corporation sells to hold it to the handlebars. I really like it and it works really good. I have several different playlists on it and just start one and listen while I ride and ride and ride and..........

• 3 weeks later...

nice hook up. If and when i ever need to take the fairing apart i will wire mine in with the "Y" connection. I'm just wondering though. Everybody seem set on mounting on the right side. I just switched locations of mine to the left side just under the radio mount. It just seemed better cause my left hand is used to being free between gears. Just my thoughts.

I wanted to be able to swith my MP3 player from my RSV to my belt for when I'm on the Warrior so I modified a headlight bracket from a bicycle. I'm at work now but will get a picture of it when I get home in the morning. Worked well, I finally got to use it yesterday.

My wife gave me an Ipod-Shuffle for my b-day. On my 93, I went to Wally World and picked up a Phillips cassette adapter, plugged it into the tape deck and set the wires under the deck cover with just enough wire out to plug it into the Shuffle. Put a small peice of velco on the Shuffle and the deck cover on the furthermost right lower corner. Runs on it's own battery for 12 hrs and carries about 20 hours of music. Works great.

• 8 months later...

Haven't seen any one mention this method for mounting the ipod. I just us the neoprene holder that came with it, found a 12" stereo patch cable from Radio Shack (in stock item for a lot of them) and just stuffed it into the cassette deck. Works great, not a lot of extra cable hanging out (I am able to kind of fold it so it sits right on the open door to the cassette deck).

I purchased a Sansa C250 MP3 player and stuck some industrial strength Velcro on the front brake reservoir.

I split the fairing to install a splitter and extra cable for the aux input.

I then ran the cable up the handle bars to the MP3 player. the plug on the end has a 90 degree bend.

I can easily remove the player for other uses or theft deterrent.

I acquired a spare battery for the player and also got some MicroSC cards to expand the players memory. Now I can carry 5 days worth of music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The method I used was splitting the aux line and running one to the gutted cassette and the other down with the headset line on the tank. I replaced the normal tank tie with one from Hopnel that has a removable tank bag. Set the Zune to shuffle, attach it to the tank aux, and throw it in the bag. Once I get where I am going, pop the cable and remove the bag to lock up or take with....good stuff :cool10:

Ram-mount.com This is where is my iPod mounted in waterproof Aqua Box

Hey Dan, which size clearveiw sheild do you have on your bike? I just ordered the xxl, I want to cut down on the wind and noise as much as possible for wife. Sorry for the hi-jack, but that pic made me curious:think: Craig