IGNORED

Load the MP-3

Lobo Hurfiano

Just about everything I read here is great (but some of the posts are so long I only skimmed them). But I have something a little different - try Black Velvet by Alannah Myles.

Frankly, I didn't even imagine that Black Velvet would make a good cruising song, but one of my random loads from my library happened to put it on. The first time I heard it on the bike I was twisting through the Ozarks and was just mesmerized by how great it sounded on the road. Now it is one of the cuts I always leave on the player, no matter what else I have loaded!

Goose

Ok ok ok,,,, you asked but, as always I gotta short story to tell before I give up the secrets I hold.. Way back when music was really music was my tender years.. My Dad always had to work at least 2 jobs (normally 3) to keep us five kids fed.. During this time frame (the 60's) his main job was delivering Milk and on occasion I would help him.. Well, it just so happened that one of his stops was the Roller Rink in Grand Haven MI.. The man who owned the place at the time became a really close friend of my Dads.. My dad was a police officer before this and when the owner of the rink found out he offered my Dad a job as a " Bouncer" on Saturday nights..

Well, come to find out, my dads job with the rink had nothing to do with rollerskating.. On Saturday nights the owner of the rink ran a Dance night and had some really crazy groups that came and played LIVE.. Groups by the names of Tommy James and the Shondells, The Monkeys, The Beach Boys, The Doors, The Bee Gees and on and on..

Of course, later in life it occured to me how special those days were - getting to actually rub shoulders with Names that would become rock and roll history.. Its to bad that I didnt know then what I know now!!!

That being said,,, alot of the hits from those days are from one hit groups that were exactly that so, my MP3 player is FULL of those one hit songs hahahah

Except for Willie Nelson, Tommy James and the Beach Boys that is the way it is..... Personally I can still listen to anything Willie for thousands of miles and never get enough.....

Mamas dont let your babies grow up to be ...:think:

'Puc

#1]Born to be wild

#2]Radar love

#3]Riders on the storm

#4]Machine Gun...Hendrix

#5]Highway Star....DP

#6]Highway 61.....Johnny Winter Version Live

#7]Man in the box....Alice in Chains

#8]Cold Shot...SRV

#9]Locomotive Breath...Tull

#10]In Memory of Elizabeth Reed..A'Bros

I'm a hardcore music fan and guitar player and could come up with about 5 top ten road lists, And my top 10 could be any combination of those 50 or more songs. Songs like "War Pigs"/Sabathh and "Ace of spades" by Motorhead, Plus alot of Jimi Hendrix and some Traffic..."Low Spark" I could go on and on with this thread.

"Dreams I'll never see"..."Willin'" Little Feet...Kashmir...Shine on you crazy diamond.........

Wow guys,

Thanks, this is making me update my YouTube lists.

A lot of the good road songs got mentioned (and yeah, my music includes a lot of country, truckers soft and hard rock), but I also include some old songs from Hendrix, Redbone, James Brown, Ike & Tina, Marvin Gaye (Ohhh, Sexual Healing!), Stevie Wonder, Roberta Flack, Donny Hathaway, Commodores, Kool & The Gang, Four Tops, etc., Harry Belafonte, a little Reggae, some moving Jazz (Kenny G, Bobby Humphries, Who did Axel F again?, Dizzy Gilespie, earlier Miles Davis), throw in some stirring classical overtures (remember Lone Ranger and Quaker puffed rice), and with me also belonging to a Scottish clan, some great Highland bagpipe music (Amazing Grace...), and then a little Bill Withers (I know, I know...) to keep your head and lungs cleared. Oh man, I forgot the Gospels from the various groups.

Born to be wild is a great one to get the adrenaline going starting out on a trip. Yee Haah!

Ride hard, ride safe and ride with God.

Everybody has their favorites. One of mine is a fellow called Oscar Lopez, best album is called flashback. Latin guitar music, but he only uses a single pick instead of picks on all fingers. It may not be your thing, but cruising through the Nelson, BC area for the Western Rally this year it would fit right in with the type of riding.

Anything by: Led Zepplin, The Stones, George Thorogood, Canned Heat, The Doors, Guess Who, Steve Earle, Stevie Ray Vaughn, ZZ Top, Doobie Brothers, The Eagles and on and on and on......

Bluez :cool17:

Mine is just a dupe of this. If it rocks (I mean really rocks) it's on my MP3 list. I have an 8 gig card maxed out for the zumo with 1000 songs.

Lets Ride!

Wow some great tunes and reminders! How about

Golden Earring-Twilight Zone

Alice Cooper- elected, I'm 18, School's out

Billy Idol- Dancin with myself, Rebel Yell, hey little sister, white wedding

BOC- we gotta get out of this place, godzilla, don't fear the reaper

Cheap Trick- I want you to want me, Surrender, and so many more

Grateful Dead-almost everything they ever did

Ides of March- vehicle

Mason Williams- classical gas

Booker T and the MG's- green onions

Procul Harum- simple sister, salty dog, bringing home the bacon

The Ramones- I want to be sedated

Ten years after- I'd love to change the world

Sweet- ballroom blitz

Uriah Heep- easy livin

? and the mysterians- 96 tears

Zombies- time of the season

B-52's- love shack

Harry Nillson- jump into the fire

pretenders- back on the chain gang

scorpions- rock you like a hurricane

:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2: thats enough for now!

hello all

last year for xmas 07 my wife got me a turn table that i hook up to the comp and record all my old albems on to my itunes. i have 2500 songs on my ipod all good old rocken roll. along with the pop and scratch you her with it. i love it. still have a lot to put on i have over 500 albems

bumble bee

kevin wisor

1999 rsv

jax fl:173:

i like most all classic rock and newer country

keep on rocking me baby

Ironman

mr. bojangles

painted desert serenade

the joker

lowrider

two pina coladas

firecracker

put the lime in the coconut

jessie

it's midnight cinderella

light my fire

lucille

i love this bar

bette davis eyes cant belive you all left out stevie nicks

knockin on heavens door

flower

in a gadda da vida

smoke on the water

electric funeral

paranoid

love me two times

pinball wizard

tequila makes her clothes fall off

the pusher

tom sawyer

and the list goes on..........................................................................

dray