IGNORED

Venture history lesson

I own a '99. I have seen some refer to our scoot as just Ventures and some as Royal Star Ventures. There might have been one other one.

I can understand using the term Venture being generic for all Ventures, but is there is a reason why some are called Royal Star Venture (if not all of them are called that)?

in 1996 yamaha introduced the royal star cruiser with an updated look of the earlier venture's motor. in 1999 they came out with a full dresser touring bike called the royal star venture to go with the boulvard, tour classic I, tour classic II and tour deluxe models(i guess trying to be like harley building several models off the same base bike). the venture had several motor improvements made to it from the 96-2001 royal stars. in 2002 yamaha dropped all models except the venture but in 2005 they re-introduced the tour deluxe based off the venture's improved motor. so it's a royal star venture and a royal star tour deluxe, but some folks just call them a venture

when the royal star was introduced in 1996 a lot of bike mag gave it bad reviews because they said it was low-powered and a dog to ride. they were trying to ride it like a harley v-twin, but a few did give it a good review. in late 2000 and early 2001 i was looking for a new bike and i looked over 3 states to find any, and most yamaha dealers i talked to said they won't order anymore and they was overpriced. when i rode it, i knew it was the bike i had dreamed of. now after almost 8 yrs and 65,000 miles it has proved itself to me and others. and thats the rest of the story, don.