IGNORED

Best GPS

chrisboggsfmc

I got a deal on a n name unit called a Plenio . It comes with a 7 inch screen. We got it for $100 bucks . The reviews on them are so -so on Amazon. But it turns out that reloading the SD card is important after getting the unit set up. Ours was over a year old bought new. But the darn thing works great and has a screen big enough to watch videos on in the car. Plus it transmits fm into the car radio. Only thing it doesn't have is a phone in it. at first I thought it was junk , now I love it.

The low end GPS work well and for most folk's it's all you need. A couple friends have different brands and again they work fine. I have the Garmin 250w and will recommend two things. One thing is to get large screen, but more important is to make sure it does route imports. My Garmin as well as the other Garmin low ends do not allow to transfer self made routes generated on Mapquest, Google, Harley trip map, etc. only poi's etc. I think this is an important feature. I agree with Cecdoo, the Garmin 750 is a good choice and good pricing on internet and some stores.

Greetings

Not wanting to spend $400 to $700 on a GPS. I'm wondering is anyone using non-motorcycle GPS's? If so what model's, brightness, clarity, that sort of thing. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

.MsgBody-text, .MsgBody-text * { font: 10pt monospace; }http://www.maps-gps-info.com/gp-rvw-gar-sp2610.html

I am still using the older Garmin 2610 on my bikes. does not have some of the newer bells and whistles of the newer units. Is waterproof, vibration proof, and if using a cig lighter/power outlet socket to power the unit, the speaker can be located were it is heard at highway speeds. Under $100 if you watch some of the GPS discount sites or Ebay.

Also have the Garmin 350 and 750 in my vehicles which are not waterproof and the speakers are rear mounted on the unit making them nearly impossible to hear on a motorcycle..

Would more than likely buy another 2610 if mine ever fails, and a refurbished unit is inexpensive and has the full warranty.

Dave