IGNORED

Upgrade 83 Standard rear shock.

Anyone have any info on the upgrade to the 83 standard that involves getting a royale shock and a progressive spring for it to upgrade and tighten up the rear shock?

I'm putting in progressive springs in the front of my bike this winter, and was thinking of doing that upgrade in the back while everything is completely apart.

Anyone have any info on the upgrade to the 83 standard that involves getting a royale shock and a progressive spring for it to upgrade and tighten up the rear shock?

I'm putting in progressive springs in the front of my bike this winter, and was thinking of doing that upgrade in the back while everything is completely apart.

The Standard and the Royal use the same shock. The only difference is the way the air is supplied, manually or with the on board compressor. I have installed the Progressive shock on the back but it still needs air to keep from bottoming out.

Dick

any tips on where to find the progressive shock? and is it a simple jack everything up, remove the old and install the new? or is it very involved to replace that shock.

Here is the progressive website, the rear will be the 420 series

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/company.html

It's not hard to remove it, but getting to it will take some time as there's quite a bit that has to be removed.