ok so i'm looking for some nice shiny chrome for my bike but it being an 84 i'm not sure what things will fit and what wont. for example I was looking through the vendors on the site and found this front fender bumper for the royal star my question on that is how different are the fenders on the royal star and my 84 venture royale? would they fit?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=59&manufacturer_ID=66&product_ID=24253&model_ID=42

another question is there any website out that still has alot of accessories for the 1gen?

ok so i'm looking for some nice shiny chrome for my bike but it being an 84 i'm not sure what things will fit and what wont. for example I was looking through the vendors on the site and found this front fender bumper for the royal star my question on that is how different are the fenders on the royal star and my 84 venture royale? would they fit?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=59&manufacturer_ID=66&product_ID=24253&model_ID=42

another question is there any website out that still has alot of accessories for the 1gen?

No and no. I'm afraid that the first Gens are obsolete and there is very little in accessories available for them. Just got to check e-bay and scrap yards and hope to get lucky.

Dick

I guess i'll be buying some aluminum and start welding. I got a place near here that can do powdercoating and chroming.

on a side note the venture royale is not obsolite. obsolite only applies to technology not automotive. at this point it would be dubed "classic" or "rare" if I can go buy a new front grill for a 67 ford then there should be no reason that there isn't a companie producing new parts for these old scoots. seems to me that a person could make alot of money by producing some new vintage parts for all these bikes.

I would never concider a bike that thousands of people still ride not worth selling parts for. so is Ebay still truely my only option for aftermarket parts or are there companies out there. i'm not looking for one company that does it all but maybe one company that makes the front fender bumpers and another that makes some other chrome piece.

From what I have seen, when they ran out, they plain ran out.

I believe you can get vent wings, seats and seats with a drivers backrest (did not like what I saw though).

I have seen antennae mods but those were basically firesticks.

At the moment, eBay is the place and then those finds on craigslist.

Other than that, I really do not know.

E-Bay is the spot for 1st Gens. Most things are interchangable fron 83 to 93 but some of the pretties are diffferent. Ask here when you are looking.

You know bags are different? Side covers are different on 83 but could be made to work. Just ask before you buy.

yeah I know the bags are different. just frustrated trying to find the dressup items i'm looking for. not many items on ebay and no junkyards in this area in general let alone ones with any ventures in them. its some of the simpler things that I am suprised dont work across models, like the front fender bumper from a RSV is it the size that changes or the mounting for the fender?

rear bumper I can understand as I would need one for the 83-84 as any other series would be different bags.

Things I would think should still fit: front fender bumpers, front fender chrome lips (front and back) rear fender chrome lips, any mufflers made for the RSV should be made to work, handlebar grips, floorboards (driver and passanger) and %90 of any engine pieces from venture 83-93/ 85-93 yamaha vmax. please correct me if i'm wrong.

majority of my frustration comes from the fact that the bike is nearly bone stock as my father is a no frills kind of guy and i'm more of a lets see how much chrome we can fit on it type of guy. just kinda hopped someone might no of any websites that still had some pieces for the bike IE go here for floor boards and here for chrome fender bumpers:detective:

• 1 month later...