IGNORED

1stGen Tool Kit

Condor

Who in their right mind would spent this much money for a 1stGen tool kit. I keep seeing these things being listed on Ebay and it never ceases to amaze me what they sell for. Especially since you could probably build one with nicer tools for less....:stirthepot:

TOOL KIT

Edited by Condor

Who in their right mind would spent this much money for a 1stGen tool kit. I keep seeing these things being listed on Ebay and it never ceases to amaze me what they sell for. Especially since you could probably build one with nicer tools for less....:stirthepot:

TOOL KIT

to keep it as original and complete as possible for some special purpose????

wouldn't be moi tho!

After I got my '86 last year, I tried to buy a kit on E-bay. The same guy seems to be buying most of them if you search the completed listings. I bid on a few of them up to about $50, but won't pay over that for the typical bad tools in them just to complete my bike.

Someone on this list sold me a kit for a newer venture that I added to and I have a good kit now for $20 and some left over tools from my toolbox.

I don't know why that one guy wants so many, but maybe he thinks if he corners the market, he can turn around and sell them for more. I hat to say it, but I think He will either have a nice collection or lose a lot of money.

After I got my '86 last year, I tried to buy a kit on E-bay. The same guy seems to be buying most of them if you search the completed listings. I bid on a few of them up to about $50, but won't pay over that for the typical bad tools in them just to complete my bike.

Someone on this list sold me a kit for a newer venture that I added to and I have a good kit now for $20 and some left over tools from my toolbox.

I don't know why that one guy wants so many, but maybe he thinks if he corners the market, he can turn around and sell them for more. I hat to say it, but I think He will either have a nice collection or lose a lot of money.

There's a guy in Europe 'hellslaus' that will pay ridiculous prices for very clean, or NOS Venture items. I think he is trying to corner the market,.... or he's obsessed...

Back to the tools, I've picked up a couple of RSV tool kits myself for next to nothing off Ebay, then just added a few things to it, and have some nice kits for very little. Plus the stuff in most 2ndGen kits are usually like new.

Don't blame the children........ children only know what they are taught......

I guess that makes 'm other peoples children.... :) ???

I love that most are missing one of the rare parts of the toolkit. the Yamaha Plastic Air gauge. I have mine :) I'm missing the "official" case for it, but I've expanded mine by adding ratcheting box end wrenches.. Those things save sanity.

I don't have the tool kit (bought a small kit for 15 bucks at Harbor Freight), BUT I do have the air guage with bag, AND the factory Yamaha lock and chain, even fits my key!

Dan

I love that most are missing one of the rare parts of the toolkit. the Yamaha Plastic Air gauge. I have mine :) I'm missing the "official" case for it, but I've expanded mine by adding ratcheting box end wrenches.. Those things save sanity.

I believe that the plastic final dip stick only came with the MK1's, and was not added to the '86 and after tool kit. You're right about it being sorta rare...just like the illusive punch mark for a repaired 2nd gear. I have one, but found it in the bottom of a box of stuff that came with the 83/84... I think??. Tossed it into tool chest in the office. That way I'll forget where I put it after a while.