IGNORED

looking for a "critique"

hipshot

while in a semi dream state, this afternoon, i had a great idea.

i;m gonna try to take my passenger floorboards, and re-manufacture parts of them to make "hi-way floor-pegs".

i have seen "markland" boards, mounted on the crash bars, and i THINK, i can make passenger boards work the same way. it ain't like i'm EVER going to have a passenger, on purpose!

lol

:confused24::feedback:

has ANYONE ever done this, or seen it done?

just jt

I have a set of boards sold by JC Whitney on mine, they were just the ticket for my 1700 mile one day. The square stalks fit into a square hole that is adjustable at every 22.5º. ride.http://www.jcwhitney.com/FOLD-UP-HIGHWAY-FLOORBOARD-SET/GP_2006697_N_111+10211+600014704_10111.jcw

Where do I find a set to fit the 7/8ths guards on my 1st gen? Or do they make a shim for the 1" mounts?

Dan

You could either machine about 1/16 off of the two flat surfaces so it would tighten up better or find a piece of 7/8 o.d. aluminum tube and cut it to length, then split it in two so each piece could rest in the original bore on those. I guess I was lucky that the bars were 1". Never thought about crash bars only being 7/8"

while in a semi dream state, this afternoon, i had a great idea.

i;m gonna try to take my passenger floorboards, and re-manufacture parts of them to make "hi-way floor-pegs".

i have seen "markland" boards, mounted on the crash bars, and i THINK, i can make passenger boards work the same way. it ain't like i'm EVER going to have a passenger, on purpose!

lol

:confused24::feedback:

has ANYONE ever done this, or seen it done?

just jt

you and eck need to become partners. you could offer a package deal. hip stendaboards, and eckstendabars. :rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rasberry::cool10: :sign brain fart:

you and eck need to become partners. you could offer a package deal. hip stendaboards, and eckstendabars. :rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rasberry::cool10: :sign brain fart:

DON'T push it , Bill!

i ain't had my "afternoon nap", yet!might come up with another brainstorm!

lol

just jt:backinmyday: