Well, I am finishing up my fourth carb and found that I need the two gaskets, which seem to be overly priced ($20 each) every where I look. Is there a cheaper place to find them? Especially the thick one under the idle enrichment valve.

Also, it seems that the PO was kind enough to misplace the bowl drain screw for one of the carbs. Is it possible to find one of those somewhere as well? All the parts fiche places don't seem to show it as separate from the carb body. It might be that my eyes are failing me though....:scratchchin:

Carb Enrichment Chamber isn't a Gasket. It's a Diaphragm.

I think we are talking about two different things. I am referring to the 1/8th inch thick gasket for the "choke" valve body. I know it isn't a choke proper, so I gave it my best shot with "idle enrichment valve". The one with the small diaphragm is, as far as I can tell actuated with high vacuum, and I assume only opens on deceleration, so I called it a "deceleration valve".

My terminology probably sucks.

I think we are talking about two different things. I am referring to the 1/8th inch thick gasket for the "choke" valve body. I know it isn't a choke proper, so I gave it my best shot with "idle enrichment valve". The one with the small diaphragm is, as far as I can tell actuated with high vacuum, and I assume only opens on deceleration, so I called it a "deceleration valve".

My terminology probably sucks.

Yeah, your Terminology isn't common and i misread/misunderstood your first Posting.

So i have to take at least half of the Blame

I am referring to the 1/8th inch thick gasket for the "choke" valve body. I know it isn't a choke proper, so I gave it my best shot with "idle enrichment valve". The one with the small diaphragm is, as far as I can tell actuated with high vacuum, and I assume only opens on deceleration, so I called it a "deceleration valve".

I believe the former is properly called the "enricher circuit", with the valve part commonly called a plunger. But most people just say the choke plunger, everybody knows that term.

The latter is called the "coasting enricher circuit", "coasting enricher diaphragm", etc.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth,

Jeremy