IGNORED

Spark plug wire set

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

Quick question: would a set of spark plug wires custom made for the 1200 VR engine fit the 1300 engine?

Here is the Ebay link tothe ad:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Venture-Royale-XVZ12-Spark-Plug-Wires-XVZ1200_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ220300794452QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks for the help.

Quick question: would a set of spark plug wires custom made for the 1200 VR engine fit the 1300 engine?

Here is the Ebay link tothe ad:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Venture-Royale-XVZ12-Spark-Plug-Wires-XVZ1200_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ220300794452QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks for the help.

This is where I got mine.They do make 2 different sets,1 for the 1200 and one for the 1300...You will want the one for the 1300 because the 1200 set has 4 angled caps and the 1300 has 2 straight and 2 angled caps.

I know this because they sent me the wrong set and then they sent me the right set when they realized the mistake.

So imagine my surprise when I got home from a run and had 2 sets of wires at the house.

They sent me a e-mail to explain and they told me to keep both sets as it was their fault.They told my the sets are interchangable,but the 1300 set is easier to install on a 1300 then the 1200 set.Can't say for sure,as I still haven't got mine on yet....:whistling:

Guest ReinyRooster

Brad, that's where the problem started. He had a set for the 1300, but when I went to buy them, I couldn't because I was north of the border. Emailed him to try and clarify that I had a U.S. address to ship to.....poor communication...ended up missing the deadline. I bought the set for the 1200 today while I was down in the U.S. visiting my cousin. If they don't work, I'll just sell them and look around some more.