IGNORED

Speedometer Question

Went out for a ride Saturday with my son on his new VTX1300. After about 50 miles, he wanted to trade rides for a bit. He had noticed his VTX had a hard time keeping up with my 93, and immediately got on the throttle. I couldn't catch him on a nice long straight and have no idea how fast he was going but the Honda was showing over 100.

We met at a little "greasy spoon" had a some lunch and headed for the Interstate. As we pulled off the on ramp I accelerated quickly and found that my speedo would stop at 75. I know it had been working because I had it over 100 on several occasions. We crusied at about 80 for the next 50+ miles (according to his speedo) but mine would not exceed 75. Anybody got a clue on this one? Doesn't seem possible!

There is probably some foreign material trapped in the meter movement that is your speedometer, stoping the meter from going past a certain point. These meter movements are very delicate and unless you know what you are doing with a Di Arsonel meter movement I would suggest replacement rather than attempting to repair...

There is probably some foreign material trapped in the meter movement that is your speedometer, stoping the meter from going past a certain point. These meter movements are very delicate and unless you know what you are doing with a Di Arsonel meter movement I would suggest replacement rather than attempting to repair...

Wow!! Never even hear of such a contraption let alone knowing what to do with it. Likley real good advice to replace.

Thanks Bob.

Dan- I had to replace my speedometer about 5K ago, but I still have the old one. If you can use any of the parts, you are welcome to it.

I really appreciate the offer Dave.The speedo seems to work normally up to the 75mph mark so not a very big inconvenience. The oddometer has quite a little bit discoloration so I'll likley just keep lookin' for an assembly with similar miles on it until this one gives out altogether. If this one goes altogether, I probably wont be so pickey about the mileage.

Thanks again fellers,

DJ

:group cheers: