IGNORED

Headset for 00 MM RSV

slick97spirit

I know there are lots of threads about headsets already here, but I didn't feel they applied. I've just purchased a 00 Millenium RSV. I pick it up at Thanksgiving. I would like to get a headset ordered that works with the factory plug. I've been checking the WWW and the options are way too many to know what to do :think: Can you guys recommend the best one for this bike. I have open faced Fulmer helmets with a face shield. Thanks and love the sight.

Two choices

1/ Edsets.com (very nice) and great folks to deal with. www.edsets.com

2/ J+M at sierra electronics....you dont need the real expensive ones either. They have many differant hook up choices for the cords.

wingthings also sell headsets for about 60 bucks with the cord...they are the j+m lower priced and work just fine.

You need the 5 pin.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the J&M set. Got them from Yamaha. I had a problem with the cable on mine. Yamaha refused to help or even give me options other than buy another new one as it was a year old.

I contacted J&M and John himself helped me out. Long story short, J&M replaced the problem cable free of charge. With that kind of service, I'd get J&M again, BUT not from Yamaha.

I guess biking season is over for another year. We got 8 or so inches of the white stuff todayicon9.gif

John

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a set of Chatterbox Noise Reducing form Chapparal Racing in Cali, about $80 for each one , plugs into Factory plug on my 99, me and wife love them so far. These come with all cords, ready to Plug and Play, some of the other ones i have seen you have to buy lower cords, upper cords etc.

:mytruck:

I bought a set of Chatterbox Noise Reducing form Chapparal Racing in Cali, about $80 for each one , plugs into Factory plug on my 99, me and wife love them so far. These come with all cords, ready to Plug and Play, some of the other ones i have seen you have to buy lower cords, upper cords etc.

:mytruck:

Well, I've gone and ordered the Chatterbox mainly because of the noise reduction. The selection has been really tough because of all the choices. Seems like most everyone is using the J&M's, but I felt a little better about the Chatterbox after reading about them. I'll let you know how they do "if I ever get to ride the darn thing." The weather around here has really sucked lately.

I just wanted to say that I have delt with Sierra for many years. More so when I had Goldwings. Any time I had an issue with headsets or the like they have always been great to deal with and have taken care of the problem. Once at a Goldwing rally they even replaced a cord for me on the spot even after I told them I had bought it from another vendor a year before. I also have visited their store here in Ohio and got excellent service. So this is my vendor endorsement.

I ahve also heard that the Edset people are good to deal with. We are forunate to have many vendors that still know the value of customer service.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

J&M have been good to work with. They are reliable products (I have 3) and the folks there will answer any questions you have.

Had difficulties with the Chatterbox headset a few years ago. Went thru connection cables like beer thru a coed. My dealer (where I purchased it) replaced the first unit under warranty. I thru the second unit away and purchased the J&M.

RR

Well, I've gone and ordered the Chatterbox mainly because of the noise reduction. The selection has been really tough because of all the choices. Seems like most everyone is using the J&M's, but I felt a little better about the Chatterbox after reading about them. I'll let you know how they do "if I ever get to ride the darn thing." The weather around here has really sucked lately.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=11864&gift=False&mscssid=0CF81F4066474CADA5B99A7F5AC9A59B

011-1408 is the number on invoice, which was for open face.