IGNORED

I don't post a lot but........

Servicedog

.....today I went on the Patriot Guard Riders website (haven't for a while) and went to the Letters of Appreciation....read on page 22 the following:

11/3/08

Oh goodness....I have no clue as to where to start. This makes me cry and makes me laugh and if I offend anyone, I ask you NOW ....before you read any further ..... to please forgive me....and my deceased husband! *smile*

I cannot begin to tell you how many times we have seen in passing a group of you Guards....had no clue as to who you were, where you were going or where you had been! You could have been up to no good for all we knew! ...(you know....the bikes, the hair, the tattoos, the leather.....)

Sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees.....this is so true with us. Neither John (my husband that you rode for) nor I like tattoos....in fact., we can't stand them! When we'd see people with them we would cringe! I'd say, "Why would anyone mess up their beautiful skin?"...and he'd agree....and we'd pass the "burley-looking" men and their women and wonder....really wonder....what kind of people they were.

Well, let me tell you right now......I now know WHO you are and WHAT you do and WHERE you've been ....OR ARE GOING! ........

Don't be surprised if some time when you are out and about standing in some parking lot and some ole lady walks up to you and squeezes you to pieces without saying a word.....'cause I probably won't be able to speak for being so touched!....to just accept my big ole hug! From both John and myself! He would have been so proud! You did him good!

I will NEVER look upon another "Biker" as a burley-ole-soul with nothing to do 'cept ride around on their bike!

I ask you to forgive me....and John...for passing judgment when we had no clue! You people are the best! I cannot begin to thank you enough for everything you did for this family and what you do for other families. When I win the lottery I'm going to make a huge contribution! *smile*

And for the person who played Taps.....thank you, thank you, thank you!

All you dear, wonderful men and women of the PGR hold a special place in my heart!

In loving memory of my husband, John L. O'Connor, SSGT USAF

DOB 03/10/30

DOD 10/25/08

Barb O'Connor

WOW! Broke me up....reminded me why I ride with the PGR....since moving down here to Southern California with the new job, just haven't had time to ride much, haven't been on a PGR mission since I've been down.....got to make some time in my life again to RIDE WITH RESPECT....

Have a good day everyone and remember, we can make a difference....

Wow, awesome. I feel the same way. I wanna give you guys a big old hug and not let go....only I am only kinda old and someone might call me fresh...but just the same, I salute you riders. It meant the world to me at Tom's funeral, more than the gun salute he had. You guys were his family. I forever thank you for riding for my man. Dog gone it, crying again...:happy34:

Servicedog thank you for being a member of the Patriot Guard!

When I start to get Mission burnout I'm always rejuvenated by reading the Letters of Appreciation sent to our organization. Those letters come right from the heart Bro.

Yes we sure as hell do make a difference in what we do....Riding With Respect.

**Ladyrider my deepest sympathy for your loss. I can assure you that had the Mission for your Tom been in CT,RI,MA,NH,VT,NJ,NY or ME I most assuredly would have been there on the Flag Line for his Mission. God Bless sweetie.

Regards and respect.....Boomer (100+ Missions and still riding)