IGNORED

1st gen-2nd gen-3rd gen ?

skidrow

Why are 86-93 VENTURES considered 1st generation Ventures ? Shouldn’t they be considered 2nd gen’s and the 99 and newer models be called 3rd gen’s?

After all the 83-85 bike had smaller saddlebags and only 1200cc motors VS. 1300 cc’s and larger bags on 86-93. And as I understand it there are more items that are different than just motor and bags on the 83-85 and the 86-93 models. So why do we do this? :think: :ignore:

I think there's WAY too many parts that are shared to separate them. I understand you can even change some frame members and mount the fixed bags on the early ones and toss in the 1300 engine if you want.

So they've rather coined the term MKI and MKII

About the only thing you can exchange with a 2nd gen is the light bulbs and driver.

Why are 86-93 VENTURES considered 1st generation Ventures ? Shouldn’t they be considered 2nd gen’s and the 99 and newer models be called 3rd gen’s?

After all the 83-85 bike had smaller saddlebags and only 1200cc motors VS. 1300 cc’s and larger bags on 86-93. And as I understand it there are more items that are different than just motor and bags on the 83-85 and the 86-93 models. So why do we do this? :think: :ignore:

Actually it is because many 2nd genners can not count past 2, so we are keeping it easy.

RandyA