IGNORED

DEchroming a RSV, maybe trade for RSTD parts

OutKast

Okay guys, I know chrome and wide whites look great on Midnights, Black cherry, blue/black and Charcoal, but mine is the 04 White with the "bluish white cocktail". I hate the blue tint.

I am gonna go for the street rod look. Already removed the emblems, the "eyebrows", the tank bib, and the stock chrome horn. Tape deck has been removed. RK mufflers. Moved the headset connector from the tank up to the handlebars under the radio.

A painter owes me, I just need to remove body parts and strip the clear and stripes. My ideas at the moment are bright white, or Chevy Victory Red with Black accents to match my truck, or maybe Matte Black with Bright Red wheels and Rotors! Regardless, the dash will be Matte Black. Does anyone else have trouble with the white reflecting onto the windshield?

I have the front rotor covers on my list. Will these be as hard to break the bolts loose as when I had to replace the rear rotor? Those I had to heat with a torch to break the loctite.

I am looking for ideas to remove any other unnecessary chrome.

Will fenders from a RSTD interchange? I would trade my fenders with mascot and standard chrome tips for fenders without holes!

Will the RSTD tank interchange. Don't they have a "bulge" instead of the tank bib? I like that and would trade mine with factory rubber bib! Maybe one of you RSTD guys want the flat top tank for a mural!!!!

Alright then, unload your cool ideas on me!

I had no trouble at all removing the front rotors on my 99. I used a 3/8 drive ratchet and hex head socket. Just make sure you are seated in the hole and keep the socket square.

I would think a bright white would reflect in the windshield especially since you took the bib off.