IGNORED

Before and Current

GigaWhiskey

Well, Squidley asked for an update so here is a quick one.

First pic is the bike 30 minutes after I got it. Tore off the touring fairing, trunk, rack and hiways bars. It was perty darn dirty.

Second pic is a bit cleaned up. She is only down two inches in the rear with shorter shocks and one in the front by sliding the tubes up the trees. Rick butler cut some of the foam out of the king/queen seat.

Next weekend, the forks will drop 2 1/2 inches internally and I will still have the 1 inch to play with on the forks/trees as needed.

The 16" rim and spokes are here to drop the rear another inch (currently an 18" rim) but the back tire I wanted is on backorder - http://www.bikebandit.com/product/3617 Front is already here.

Still got plenty of cleaning to do but I am having a blast doing it. Had to forget powdercoating the rims and hubs because the car asked for it.

WOW!!!!

you turn on some more light , in the second pic, and it's a whole 'nuther bike!

looking good , brother!

is that a 4 into 1 exhaust system?

i know that "Miss Erica" is gonna love riding this one!

i suspect, that you have lots of volunteer help, from the little "nutz'", too.

lol

just jt:dancefool::clap2::clap2::thumbsup2:

Thanks all for the good replies.

Yup, JT, that is a 4-1. The dual 2-1s were rusted pery bad and just not restorable. THe baffles in them were worn empy and just rolling around inthe mufflers. I like this 4-1 on it much better and it was affordable. A Kerker and a Yoshimura would have been nice too but in excess of $500. it was not happening.

The NutZ do like to help out. In fact, ThunderNutZ (Laik) totally digs the look. He watched Mad Max (the parts I would allow him to watch) and saw the connection in looks.

MonkeyNutZ now turns her own wrench on her bicycle. Her peddle falls off, she gets a wrench and puts it back on. A screw falls out, she gets a screwdriver and screws it back in. I think I know who my helper will be, lol.

I have shaved the sidestand some but she still stands perty straight up. When she drops lower, the sidestand will become useless. There is a guy I am aware of that builds a lot of bobbers that can take care of the side stand for me.

It will have bobbed front and rear fenders, I just do not know if I am gonna order Carpy's bobbed fiberglass fenders or just bob the ones on it. Then I have a Lucas style tailight to go in place of that large stocker.

After all of that is completed, she should be able to almost flat foot it and feel comforbale along with still looking perty good. Then I will see if she still likes it and wants to continue riding it. If not, its all mine :big-grin-emoticon:. If she does, then I will strip her all the way down, trim some frame parts off and have the frame powdercoated. Since the motor will be out, then I can work the looks of the motor.

Guest Obsidian16825

The fairing isn't my taste, but otherwise, the bike is handsome.

I have a naked 1979 GL1000 that has short shocks. It stands too upright on its sidestand too, and I'm not really certain that I like the loss of ground clearance. I drug a pipe already and scared the snot out of the people riding in the Goldwing group behind me. I wouldn't dare lower my wing any more. I either have to slow my butt way down for curves, or think hard about working my way up to stock height, hard with me only being 4'11" tall. I sure love the vintage iron. I'll do what I have to in order to not give up riding it.

One hint is to take a pair or riding boots to a cobbler and have extra height added in the sole. I had one pair altered specially for riding my Goldwing, one inch added to each boot. It was well worth the cost and only took a few minutes of sitting with the engine off shifting and braking to get used to the extra thickness.

Yea, the fairing was affordable and the Dunstall replicas from Glass from the Past are a little out of my range at the moment. My modding skills are not quite there but hopefully it will come around. They are not just bolt on, they take some work to fit.

I have seen some GL1000s that are truly gorgeous and some of the cafe's, whew, breathtaking. That one with the dual Weber setup is really nice. I think he is supercharging it now.

Thanks for the compliment.

Hey Gig nice job... Now just get Erica a pair of these....

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/images/kimboot.jpg

Erika grinned from ear to ear. She dug that.

There is a chiq up at work that is inseam challenged as well. She used to ride a CBR900 (I think, it was one of the big ones) and she said she had to wear boots with 4" soles so she could ride it when she lived in NY.

Edited by GigaWhiskey
add more