IGNORED

Freezers are now FULL..........

BoomerCPO

Today the wife and sons packed 1 Belted Galloway beefer and 2 pigs into our 2 meat Freezers. We raised these animals ourselves and had em done for the Freezer this week. Now all of our Freezers (4 total) are packed with good meat and our own garden veggies. The dry Larder is full of great stuff the wife canned this season as well.

It's gonna be a battle keeping the weight off once I put the bike up for the Winter..........:crying:

wow good for you guys.......you dont see a lot of women can anymore....

I know my mother used to but i have never tried canning

I have froze a lot of fresh veggies before........and i did freeze some fresh cherrys for pies this summer

we dont have a spot for a garden here.....but i wish we did.......i used to grow a lot of veggies.

My wife's Mom taught she and her 2 sisters how to can when they were very young.....and my wife really enjoys it still. Now both my boys know how to do it as well.

We have over 190 acres available to us here so having room to raise animals and veggies is no problem.

I don't see how folks can enjoy Supermarket beef and veggies. After eating this home grown for all of 20+ years bout the only thing I enjoy from the Supermarket is the terlet paper...........:banana:

I got plans in November for two pieces of venison eating my apples and corn. Come February our local butcher does a special on pork sausage.Gravy, steak, and bisquits thats the plan.

We'll nail at least 2 deer in late November and turn both of em into venison sausage. Add that to the fresh eggs and homemade biscuits and ya got enough fuel in ya to get a lot done during the day.

This weekend we will nail at least a dozen Canadian geese who have flown in and are stuffing themselves on chopped corn and rye seed in our corn fields.

We'll nail at least 2 deer in late November and turn both of em into venison sausage. Add that to the fresh eggs and homemade biscuits and ya got enough fuel in ya to get a lot done during the day.

This weekend we will nail at least a dozen Canadian geese who have flown in and are stuffing themselves on chopped corn and rye seed in our corn fields.

I got deer season off if the warden at work don't get me again.

Today the wife and sons packed 1 Belted Galloway beefer and 2 pigs into our 2 meat Freezers. We raised these animals ourselves and had em done for the Freezer this week. Now all of our Freezers (4 total) are packed with good meat and our own garden veggies. The dry Larder is full of great stuff the wife canned this season as well.

It's gonna be a battle keeping the weight off once I put the bike up for the Winter..........:crying:

We butcher every February with our Cousins. We do it all from start to finish. Shoot, skin, and for the hogs we cure the bacon and hams, grind the sausage, hamburger on the beef. Sure makes a huge difference on meat costs. A 1/2 hog and 1/4 beef costs us about $250 and that meat lasts us over a year. Defineltely the way to go.