Bike is in storage. I want to take all the plastic off so I can spend time in my basement fixing all cracks and broken tabs to repaint it in the spring. IS there any guides to disassembly of the front faring outer shell or anything I should pay attention to or watch out for when I do it?

Bike is in storage. I want to take all the plastic off so I can spend time in my basement fixing all cracks and broken tabs to repaint it in the spring. IS there any guides to disassembly of the front faring outer shell or anything I should pay attention to or watch out for when I do it?

VOICE OF EXPERIENCE:"when you remove screws, bolts, etc., either put them BACK where they came from, or put them in "sandwich baggies" and clearly label each baggie.

if you don't, come re-assembly time, you will be scratching both ends, trying to remember which screw went where!":backinmyday::think::think::think::think:

just jt

VOICE OF EXPERIENCE:"when you remove screws, bolts, etc., either put them BACK where they came from, or put them in "sandwich baggies" and clearly label each baggie.

if you don't, come re-assembly time, you will be scratching both ends, trying to remember which screw went where!":backinmyday::think::think::think::think:

just jt

:sign yeah that:

As was already mentioned but just to clarify a bit (I did this with mine)... make careful note of where the screws come from and after you remove something, put the screws back into their threaded clip. Some screws, although initially look the same, are slightly different...bigger head, larger diameter, shorter, longer, etc. Those that are fairly obvious, put them in baggies and label the baggie accordingly. Take pics...it helps.

Make notes of what parts come off first, second, etc so that when putting things back together, you have a clearly defined "reverse order".