IGNORED

FATE is truly a harsh mistress

RoyalPain

Hope the humor here has helped some but I also know how much pain you are in. I didn't break mine but severely bruised it a few years ago and it was NOT a pleasant experience and took a couple of months to heal. I know that Eddie bruised his a couple of years ago. I remember him showing up for maintenance day and some of the members were kind enough to buy him an inflatable "donut" and wrap it with aluminum foil so it would match the rest of the chrome on his bike. :)

:moon:i had my tail bone removed in my younger days and the only thing i had get to drive work was a hardtail hd , the local cab co. loved me !:moon:

i have a idea ! how about a SPORT BIKE !!! it will put your butt up in the air you don't sit on them you lay on them and you can out run the cold noses .

i feel for ya , heal up fast :080402gudl_prv:

Thom

ps is this just another busted @ss story ?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::moon::moon::moon::moon:

SORRY ROYAL PAIN, I LAUGH WITH YOU ...NOT AT YOU...THESE POSTS ARE JUST TO FUNNY..ALMOST WET MY PANTS TONIGHT READING THEM...HOPE YOU REALLY DO FEEL BETTER..I KNOW I FEEL A LOT BETTER TONIGHT BECAUSE OF YOUR BROKEN BUTT POST....:crackup::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotf:

I was on the Aurora Wheelers atv site and ran across this video. Those guys have a little different sense of humor. One uses the sig "Pain is weakness leaving the body" another uses "Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory is forever." Anyway the video is interesting, fast forward to 2:25 to start. Bear in mind this girl posted this herself so she must have a sense of humor. If it hurts to laugh you may not want to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPsNi1k8Df4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhttp://www.facebook.com%2Fs.php%3Finit&q=paige%20harris&ref=ts&sid=dc99b7638345dbd533a04373feab05b5

I was on the Aurora Wheelers atv site and ran across this video. Those guys have a little different sense of humor. One uses the sig "Pain is weakness leaving the body" another uses "Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory is forever." Anyway the video is interesting, fast forward to 2:25 to start. Bear in mind this girl posted this herself so she must have a sense of humor. If it hurts to laugh you may not want to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPsNi1k8Df4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhttp://www.facebook.com%2Fs.php%3Finit&q=paige%20harris&ref=ts&sid=dc99b7638345dbd533a04373feab05b5

Man, that was funny as hell! :crackup:

Edited by Mariner Fan

Guest Oldsalt

You have my sympathy RP. I have a cracked one, but it is not severe, just a pain sometimes. I have done two things that really helped:

1. I had a custom seat made (Rick's in Seattle). The cost is about that of one of the top after-market seats but with the advantage that is made to your shape, size, and riding position. Wow, what a difference.

2. I take a non-narcotic, non-sleepy pain pill everyday (2 or 3 per/day if I am riding all day). These knock out the pain for about 4-6 hours. (Naproxen 500mg) Ask you doc about these. They are basically aleve (which had no effect and neither did any of the othe OTC products) on steroids. Your doc can answer any questions. I like them because they are safe, work, and not that expensive.

Anyway, there is life afterwards, you just have to (find ways to) adjust.

John

P.S. Oops, I forgot, there was a third thing I did. Acupuncture! Yea I know all the jokes, in fact I probably started most of them BEFORE I tried this (after dragging my heels all the way there for the first treatment). Well, I had to eat a lot of crow but it did help. I am still pretty fuzzy on the chi balancing hoey, but I sure can't argue with the results.

JCM

Royal Pain,I just want to say that I feel the deepest sympathy for your condition and wish you a speedy recovery.Good to see you can grit your teeth and still see the homour

involved.Snaggletooth, your post is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.I laughed

so hard I almost fell out of my chair.I think I'm gonna save this to my computer so when

I've had a bad day,I can come home and read this and have a good laugh.I know the

condition isn't funny,but the comments and conversation sure is!Funny Stuff!Thanks Guys.

SORRY ROYAL PAIN, I LAUGH WITH YOU ...NOT AT YOU...THESE POSTS ARE JUST TO FUNNY..ALMOST WET MY PANTS TONIGHT READING THEM...HOPE YOU REALLY DO FEEL BETTER..I KNOW I FEEL A LOT BETTER TONIGHT BECAUSE OF YOUR BROKEN BUTT POST....:crackup::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotf:

Hey Tom,

Yeah I'm fighting to keep it light.lol Thanks to my 1st marrige (which you will all begin to notice that I mention often) (shudder) I can discuss the most nightmarish of topics in a humors light. Otherwise, I'd still be under my bed.lol

Did you take a good look at my new avitar that I made just for this situation?

:sign busted: Pain :7_6_3[1]:

You have my sympathy RP. I have a cracked one, but it is not severe, just a pain sometimes. I have done two things that really helped:

1. I had a custom seat made (Rick's in Seattle). The cost is about that of one of the top after-market seats but with the advantage that is made to your shape, size, and riding position. Wow, what a difference.

2. I take a non-narcotic, non-sleepy pain pill everyday (2 or 3 per/day if I am riding all day). These knock out the pain for about 4-6 hours. (Naproxen 500mg) Ask you doc about these. They are basically aleve (which had no effect and neither did any of the othe OTC products) on steroids. Your doc can answer any questions. I like them because they are safe, work, and not that expensive.

Anyway, there is life afterwards, you just have to (find ways to) adjust.

John

P.S. Oops, I forgot, there was a third thing I did. Acupuncture! Yea I know all the jokes, in fact I probably started most of them BEFORE I tried this (after dragging my heels all the way there for the first treatment). Well, I had to eat a lot of crow but it did help. I am still pretty fuzzy on the chi balancing hoey, but I sure can't argue with the results.

JCM

Thanks for the good thoughts, and advice John. The Acupuncture angle is actually not a bad idea. I've considered it on and off for other stuff but just havent tried it yet. Besides, after 18 years with my ex (see, I told you) the idea of trusting a total stranger behind me with a fist full of sharp objects is a piece of cake!

Royal Pain,I just want to say that I feel the deepest sympathy for your condition and wish you a speedy recovery.Good to see you can grit your teeth and still see the homour

involved.Snaggletooth, your post is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.I laughed

so hard I almost fell out of my chair.I think I'm gonna save this to my computer so when

I've had a bad day,I can come home and read this and have a good laugh.I know the

condition isn't funny,but the comments and conversation sure is!Funny Stuff!Thanks Guys.

Thanks Hotrod, It helps to see that when I express myself from my mildly dented and bent perspective is taken in the humors light intended! With stuff like this, anytime you can turn a grimace in to a grin, you got it beat.

I'VE BEEN PONDERING YOUR RECENT MISFORTUNE.. BUTT...(HA HA ) ALL I HAVE COME UP WITH IS MORE QUESTIONS...DOES IT HURT WHEN YOU WIPE???? CAN YOU WIPE?..OR DO YOU NEED HELP?..AND IF YOU DO.. WHO HELPS?... YOUR WIFE OR CLOSE FRIEND?..WHAT IF THERE NO ONE AROUND?...HOW PROFOUND..I KEEP COMMING UP WITH MORE QUESTIONS...YEA, MORE QUESTIONS..I THINK I'LL KEEP THESE TO MY SELF...HOPE YOU HEAL QUICKLY..AND IF YOU NEED A HAND..CALL.......AH..CALL..AHHH..ANYONE BUTT ME... MY REGRETS ON YOUR ACCIDENT....:buttkick:

Hey Tom,

I um..... Errr.......LOL, I'll have to get back to this one later. In the meantime, for any intrested along with pics of my nearest and dearest you will also find a pic of my ex (I think I mentioned her) if you go out to http://www.myspace.com/hardtowant