IGNORED

Heading to the Dragon Tomorrow

RedRider

I will be heading out for a trip to NC tomorrow. Stopping for a day's worth of meetings in St. Charles, IL and staying Sat night in Indy. Will then be heading for the Smokys.

If timing works out, some of you Knoxville folks may get a call for an impromtu M&E.

If anyone has a free day on Monday, come ride along. Best roads east of the Mississippi.

RR

If everything works out like we planned, My wife and I will be going into Maggie Valley by way of 129 tomorrow with a couple of friends and their wives. Our plans are a little shaky right now, but maybe we'll see you. We all 3 will be riding black RSTDs.

The weather is supposed to be nice. High in the 50s in the mountains.

Lucky You!

Did that trip a few months ago.

Would love to go again, but too risky for me at this time of year.

After I rode the Dragon I went up to Paintsville, Ky and met Loretta Lynne's brother Herman Webb @ Butcher Hollow. (Coal Miner's Daughter). Actually that is me, @ Loretta's Birth Place in Butcher Hollow, in my profile. Great time. Great adventure.

Have a Great trip and Ride Safe.

Bill

Yeah, I sure hope so too. It is always a gamble this time of year.

RR

They're saying 60s by the end of the week, so maybe another ride or two for us....looks like you should be good.

I will say though...it was 41 when I walked out of the dentist's office this afternoon and those clouds sure looked like snow clouds.

Curt

I had to deliver the motorhome I sold to Knoxville on Monday so we ended up spending the night in Pigeon Forge. This morning after eating and a little shopping we drove the car back toward Atlanta via Cades Cove, the Foothills Parkway, Tail of The Dragon 129, through Murphy, Hayesville and two lane through North Georgia back to Atlanta.

The fall leaf colors are at peak and the was snow at the higher elevations. It was a nice ride even though we weren't on the bike.

Had a great ride on Monday. Was in the low 50's, sunny, with very little traffic. Fantastic colors and good roads. However, this morning was a little different. Woke up and it was snowing. I hung around the Iron Horse Lodge (HIGHLY recommend this place if you are staying down in the Smoky Mountains area) until noon to make sure the roads were clear of snow and ice. I then cruised to Chapel Hill, NC for some meetings.

I am really glad I got the electric gloves and jacket liner. It would have been a really cold ride without them.

RR

I didn't get any pics while riding down there since I was by myself. However, there is no better area to ride east of the Mississippi (that I have found - and I have looked). West of the Mississippi, we shall see when I start exploring next year.

RR