IGNORED

pucker power X 8

mountainhorsega

Last Wednesday coming through Nashville, The wife pulling the horse trailer, 4 dogs and 2 horses and me following on the TD, some idiot decided to cut from the left lane to the off ramp. He had already pretty much missed the ramp and shot straight across the three lanes. Wife locked down the truck and trailer (which was of great surprise to me - being behind her) Fortunately, I wasn't to close and slid around and hopped a little but got lined out. When I got back so I could focus on her, it was just like the wrecks you see on tv - tire smoke, gravel and dust everywhere, she was headed for the sloped median between the highway and the offramp with the trailer sideways, the guy had gotten to the ramp and slowed down. She got off the brakes and straightened it out but WOW what a ride. Thanks to her quick thinking and GREAT driving, everyone is safe and happy.

It's a terrible feeling watching your loved ones sliding sideways down the highway with nothing you can do but wait for the dust to clear.

Moral of the story - watch out for idiots from the left lane to the offramp, don't follow to close - and learn how to grip that seat. (I may need a new Mustang now!) Of course - The guy disappeared and the cops were nice but said there wasn't much they could but keep an eye out for the Black piece of crud 4x4 Chevy pickup.

I had something like that happen to me. It wasn't an off ramp but a left turn lane and the guy going from the right lane across to the turn lane was driving a logging truck. Guess he figured he was bigger then the rest of us. Luckily we were coming up on a light and our speed was 45 at the time.

Glad you're wife was able to handle the whole thing so well and nobody got hurt. Must have been really scary.

Margaret

Glad everyone except your Mustang seat made it through okay. I get ticked off enough by jerks doing that kind of stuff to me. When I'm in the situation where my wife and I are both driving down the highway and they do anything at all stupid around my wife's car, I just can't stand it. I'm nervous and/or angry the whole time we are on the road together.