IGNORED

not bike related but...need computer advice

SilvrT

hey all you guys 'n gals working in the technology field.... I'm looking for a replacement for our LAN messenging program. We currently use RealPopup which is an enhanced version of WinPop. This program is freeware and unsupported and it's causing me a lot of headaches lately. Frankly, it's a neat program with just the right features for us but with the implementation of recent software, it appears to be clashing and crashing.

anyone got any suggestions? We are prepared to pay for software if we have to. I have evaluated a few and the one I found that seemed to be best suited was Softros Instant Messenger.

Would be interested in knowing what ya'll might use and/or suggestions.

Thanks a bunch

One day the big wigs here decided and all started using MSN. Even though were are Notes/Domino shop with Sametime (IM) built in. Go figure. They all like MSN.

hmmmmmm MSN on a LAN? does that really work (I've never tried it)?

Me thinks, SilvrT talks about a Inhouse Solution without using the big wide open Internet to travel the Messages.

We use Yahoo Messenger, but not for confidental Data, just plain "talk" and not so important Data. Nice to Have is the Archive, which allows to check back Conversations.

I have no Idea about a Inhouse Solution.

Me thinks, SilvrT talks about a Inhouse Solution without using the big wide open Internet to travel the Messages.

We use Yahoo Messenger, but not for confidental Data, just plain "talk" and not so important Data. Nice to Have is the Archive, which allows to check back Conversations.

I have no Idea about a Inhouse Solution.

Exactly "LAN" means Local Area Network or "in-house". This is solely for communicating back and forth between users and primarilly for supervisors and myself to communicate with users.

I don't know about Yahoo but years ago, I setup ICQ on a LAN but it was pretty flakey.

Lan,Wan they are just different routes these days. All of our machines are required to have

Internet access because of our software.

From what I understand, MSN requires an MSN "ID" ... something that is tied to an MSN acceptable email application such as Hotmail. Most of our users do not and never will get internet access from their PC. This app I am looking for must be for internal network only and utilizing either IP address or PC names and preferably user ID/login. This is how RealPopup works.