IGNORED

Strobe brake lights

FROG MAN

I followed an old harley home from work last evening. When the guy applied his brakes his brake light came on. He also had high intensity led's that light up inside his red turn signal lenses. Then on his rear bags he had two very bright small red led's that flashed on/off about every half second. This was a real eye catcher no problem seeing his brake lights from a distance. Not sure if his setup was legal but definitely noticeable.

At least one bike in the Ride Like A Pro V DVD has a brake light that strobes for a few seconds and then stays on steady. I think this would be a better setup.

Does anybody know of a unit that would control LEDs that I already have installed that costs $10 or less?

At least one bike in the Ride Like A Pro V DVD has a brake light that strobes for a few seconds and then stays on steady. I think this would be a better setup.

Does anybody know of a unit that would control LEDs that I already have installed that costs $10 or less?

This unit can be wired to either pattern flash constantly or for a few seconds then go solid. I have one on my wing light. It is, however, forty bucks.

This unit can be wired to either pattern flash constantly or for a few seconds then go solid. I have one on my wing light. It is, however, forty bucks.

I had one of those Backoff flashers for about three years. It failed last month. When it failed the brake light didn't come on at all. I had it wired to all my brake lights so when it failed I didn't have any brake lights at all.

I just bought a new one from signal dynamics and will wire it to only two of the four brake lights I have.

As part of the strobes/LEDs on my bike, I have two small strobes in the trunk light bar and also have an LED on top of my trunk. The LED has about six bulbs that will light up in several configurations. The way I have it set is the two left bulbs come for a fraction of a second, then the two middle, then the two right ones then repeat. So, what you get is the lit bulbs running back and forth. All this is wired in with my brake light.

I have been running strobes in my head light and with my brake lights for probable about 12 years. The only time I had an LEO take issue was a TN State Trooper coming up behind me while stopped at about 1am coming home from the Honda Hoot. At that time I actually had strobes inside my brake light. He took issue with them being colored, particularly being red. The ones in my trunk light bar are clear and show clear. When the ones in the brake light quit, I never fixed them. But, by this time I had added the one on top of the trunk. I personally do like the third brake light concept in cars and this is like that.

RandyA