IGNORED

Looking for exhaust

torkk

Not sure if I posting this in the right section, but I just spent about an hour looking around the forums here . Nice info here. My problem is this, I have a 97 Royal Star 4 piper, she has nasty boys on her from what Im told. I think they starting to get loud or Im just getting bothered by them more. I was looking around and thinking of changing over the 2 piper system. Im not sure if theres certain years I should be looking for.

Does anyone know of a complete system for sale for my ride? Or perhaps just the head pipes, as I hear the stock mufflers sound crappy and would probably get some HD take offs.

Thanx

The person you should contact is Pegscraper, I dont know if the heads are the same dimentions as the RSV's. If they are I would imagine you could swap out a set of pipes onto your Royal star and get a set of HD mufflers. You would probably have to modify a set of mounting brackets as I dont think your bike would have the mounting area where the stock RSV pipes go.

It's possible to put on a 2 muffler setup. You'll have to buy the head pipes, mufflers, and all mounting brackets, which means also buying the side bags that go with that set up. Easy to install, but not cheap to buy.

I don't think the stock 4 muffler system sounds bad. I have a set that I put on once in a while. They never last more than a couple weeks though, and I'm back to my loud Kromewerks. I just like a little noise, but not too much.

Well damn, I didnt think it would be needing that much stuff to convert hmm.

Well this is my ride

http://i100.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/Torkk/Virago/MVI_2573.flv

When I get on it, its friggin loud. I was thinking of hunting maybe the stock mufflers or something other than the Nasty boys on her now

Edited by torkk