IGNORED

CT and drivetrain lube '07 RSV

BigBoyinMS

I got my CT on last Saturday and did the full driveline lube while I was at it. It's the Kumho 165/80R15. I static balanced it with 1 oz.

First of all, I would probably order a Vredestien if I did it again; just to see if it's any better. The Kumho took 110/112lbs to seat both sides and the sidewalls felt a little thin. On the wheel with air in the tire the sidewalls don't feel too bad. I'm running 42lbs right now.

I finally got it all back together last night and rode it about 4 miles around the neighborhood. This morning I rode to work the long way 'round which included about 2 miles on the interstate up to 75mph. I'll be riding a bit more today.

My first impressions are that I can't tell much, if any, difference between the handling of this and a MT. So at this point I have a tire that handles the same, cost a 1/3 of the MT I would have put on, has a 25% higher weight rating and should wear out 3-4 times slower than an MT. I may hate it tomorrow but I'm happy with it today!

The driveline lube made the biggest noticeable difference. Much smoother and quieter now. (Stabbing the driveshaft was a PITA though.) If you haven't done it, I suggest you do it, asap. Made a world of difference.

Now I gotta find me some RK mufflers! :cool17:

Im wearing my BFG out pretty fast, but it's still lasting longer then a MT ever has for me. I'll be lucky to get 15,000 out of it, but it's twice what I usually get.

I want to try the 165 when the BFG is worn out.

That's what happens when you lock up the rear tire and slide sideways all the time. :)

I have about 3000 miles on my Federal so far, and doing as good as ever.