IGNORED

A bulb and what the hell is that?

Ok, FINALLY after TWO NIGHTS of tinkering with this things electrics, I got all the fancy rear running lights to turn on on the light bars that surround the back of the bike (I assume everyone knows what Im talking about).

I have a bulb out and as anal is I am it's driving me crazy. popped open the plastic cover and pulled the bulb out. No identification what so ever! Arrrg. It a tiny little bulb with what looks like clear grease on the end of it. Does ANYONE know what kind of bulb this is and where I can get more??? :puzzled: Im sure this isn't the last one to go out on me...

Also, while tracking down all the fancy lighting on this sucker, I found that there are a pair of wires that were hooked up directly to the battery and running to the rear of the bike under the seat... hmm. Thought they were going to the lights but turns out they are actually going to some kind of an electrical plug that is mounted just behind the passenger seat. Its round with a cap on the end. Too small to be a standard 12v automotive plug.. I can drop a pic in later but I have NO clue what this is for. Any ideas?? :think:

Thanks for the help guys

The bulb is most likely a #194 or what i call a peanut bulb most auto part stores will carry these...take the bulb with you and they should be able to match it up as for the other thing i haven't the foggyist idea what it is the plug might be for a battery tender of some sort not sure tho

lee

[quote name= Thought they were going to the lights but turns out they are actually going to some kind of an electrical plug that is mounted just behind the passenger seat. Its round with a cap on the end. Too small to be a standard 12v automotive plug.. I can drop a pic in later but I have NO clue what this is for. Any ideas?? :think:

Thanks for the help guys[/quote]

I suspect it may be a connection the PO put on for a battery charger.

RandyA

Ok turns out looks like they are #161 (the 194 shorted out and the right half light bar went dead :( )..

FYI for anyone looking for these. I had major trouble finding locally. And when I did they were like $2 a piece. I need several and want to have a few on hand for spares. Found a site online that sells them for about a quarter a piece. I bought 20 for 4 bucks plus shipping! :)

http://www.memotronics.com

• 3 weeks later...

simply remove them and replace them with high brightness LED 161 bulbs. You can get them at any auto place for insane prices, or on ebay from china sellers for a decent price but 6 week shipping time. I found 1Watt LED 194 (same as the 161 but a little larger) bulbs for my car side markers that are so bright they annoy people and light up the road to the sides of the car. Those around the back of the bike will make you look like a UFO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-158-168-194-W5W-1W-High-Power-LED-Red-Wedge-Bulb_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1419Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem370096959753QQitemZ370096959753

for example. I dont know if those are physically too large to fit, but it is the same base style and size.

if you have a red lens get red led's it makes it a really really red light. the whire ones behind a red lens looks a bit off color to me.