IGNORED

Tire Comparison

royalstarjac

I've put 21,500 mi on the 07 RSV and here is my experience so far with tires.

8,000 mi: Stock Bridgestone Rear tire worn out at 8k mi. It handled ok but was a bit noisey.Replaced with Dunlop D404.

10,000 mi: Rear Dunlop 404 showing cord all around. That's right. 2,000 miles and worn slap out! Front stock Bridgestone worn out and showing uneven wear from one side to another. Replaced with Avon Venom X front and rear. Bike handled and rode better than ever with no roar or whine from the tires on straights or corners.

21,500 mi: Replace rear Avon with another Avon Venom X. Rain grooves in center of tire where gone and the profile was squared of. Probably could have gone a little longer on this tire but needed routine maint done so I just got it done all at once. Front tire looks like it still has at least 50% tread left.

I ride about 50% solo and 50% two up. I keep a good watch on my tire pressures and run at the suggested amount. On the Avons I run the rear at 50 lbs and the front at 42 lbs. When I first got the Avons I called their tech service and they said if you run max pressure they will last longer since they will stay cooler (less flexing).

I do a good bit of hwy riding but I live in the N GA mtns so I ride alot of twistys also. I'd say the mileage is about 50% hwy, 50% twisting country roads.

This is my experience. For my money I will stick with the Avons until I have a good reason to change.-Jack

I will be puting on my 2nd AVON rear tommorow. The one on the bike now has 16k miles on it and rain grove is about 1/32 deep in center. I plan to use that up today on the way home playing and will burn the rest off when I get home. I have never got this many miles out of a tire or this kind of performance. It's AVON's for me from now on! :2cents: