IGNORED

Inspiration?

az1103

Actually, I do have to give these guys some amount of credit. They did not copy anybody in their styling. That bike is all their own. You either like it or not. I rather like the rear view of the model without the trunk. It looks something like the Corbin beetle bags they make for some models - another look which you either like or you don't. I still think the front view is a little funny looking. But when it is an air cooled motor, it needs a lot of air.

I'm with Peg... Victory broke the mold and came out with something refreshing and new and hopefully Yamaha will get the hint and come out with something new next year... I happen to like the Vic and think it's a pretty cool ride and if I had the money you guys got I'd probably buy one...

I guess Ol' Salvatore Clement likes it too...

http://www.pi54.com/Victory2009/PDF/Vision_Quest_Rider_Final.pdf

Edited by MAINEAC

While the comparison is way too funny, I must echo Pegscraper and Maineac. It's a striking bike. They certainly did their own thing.

I have a cousin who rides one. He seems quite happy with it. That's cool - take pride in your ride and all that.

Personally I'm not interested in a two cylinder traditional engine with belt drive. Still, the Vision deserves a spot in the Motorcycle section of the Smithsonian. It is a work of art in its own right. Of course I think the RSV should also be there simply because it's the most beautiful bike on the road.

:2cents:

Here's the e-mail they sent me..

http://pi54.com/Victory2009/email/promo_ridermagazine.jpg

Dear Victory Motorcycle® Enthusiast,

Don't just take our word for it - read the opinions of legendary motorcycle journalist

Clement Salvadori. The noted rider and author rode the Victory Vision Tour to Death

Valley and wrote about his extremely pleasurable riding experience in the June 2008

issue of RIDER.

"This machine shines..." he wrote in the article titled "Vision Quest." "Good acceleration,

good brakes, good lean factor, good comfort."

To read the article yourself, click here

You'll learn how the Victory Vision - the new standard bearer for luxury-touring motorcycles

- impressed a touring connoisseur who has ridden millions of miles and written thousands

of magazine articles.

After reading Mr. Salvadore's article, visit your Victory dealer to see the Victory Vision for yourself.

Have a seat on the bike that will deliver the best riding experience of your life. To locate your

nearest dealer click here.

Victory: The New American Motorcycle™

Guest BluesLover

I managed to get out on one of those while in Florida last November - the dealer was in between Sarasota and Bradenton, but I forget the name.

Nice ride to the machine, and does have a low centre of gravity and the seat is suited for the vertically challenged such as I.

The look - although definitely different - doesn't so much for me. And, the storage space is surprisingly small. Smaller than we get on the RSV, and definitely smaller than what you get with an Ultra Classic.

Cheers,

I rode one at Daytona Bike Week and was disapointed with the legroom but all the controls are adjustable and it's the same wheelbase as the RSV so probably with the adjustments and hiway pegs I could probably stretch out...

As far as the bags go it's supposed to be the same amount of gallons as the RSV and the Ultra... I think the shape makes it look like smaller storage...