IGNORED

Being Number 1 is not good

FROG MAN

I hear it more and more today that STRESS is now the nations number 1 killer. I think most of us can say our stress levels are elevated compared to years gone by. People in my state work for some of the lowest wage averages nationwide,have farther to drive to work,and little time for exercise. It's a wonderful place to visit or retire in the country but making ends meet is tough. I'm saddened by todays research findings but facts are facts. Riding the venture is good therapy but crossing that creek creates more stress then I like.Here is part of the article.

September 11, 2008

W.Va. No. 1 for stress, Cambridge study says

Link found between anxiety, poor health

Are West Virginians stressed to the max?

By Eric Eyre

Staff writer

Are West Virginians stressed to the max?

Apparently so, according to a study released Wednesday.

West Virginia is home to the highest percentage of stressed-out people in the United States, research from the University of Cambridge suggests.

West Virginians are more anxious, impulsive and stressed than residents of any other state - even New York, which ranked third - according to the study.

"I've only driven through West Virginia, but it did surprise me that West Virginia was No. 1," said Dr. Jason Rentfrow, the study's author and a social and political science lecturer at Cambridge in England. "It didn't surprise me that the mid-Atlantic states were high. It may be that neuroticism is high in some states for different reasons."

The reasons for West Virginia's high score: Researchers found a connection between stress and poor health.

In West Virginia, people exercise less. Heart disease and cancer rates are sky-high. Life spans are shorter than just about anywhere else.

West Virginians also were less likely to go out and spend time with friends. Entertainment and the arts don't flourish in stressed-out states, according to the study.

"Obviously, it's not as simple as saying that a person is guaranteed to be more anxious if they come from West Virginia ... but we did find pretty clear signs that there are meaningful differences in the personalities of people living in different areas of the U.S.," Rentfrow said.

Rentfrow and fellow researchers used the results of more than 500,000 surveys to create a "personality map" of the U.S., showing different types of people are more likely to live in different parts of the country.

I'll be camping again this weekend. NO PHONES

Edited by FROG MAN

As soon as Charlene is able to get around the house by herself is to take me some well need cycle therapy, I havent been on a ride, with the exception of back and forth to work, since Ashville. I have missed several rides with our motorcycle ministry and its sorely needed and missed................:15_8_211[1]::7_6_3[1]: