IGNORED

Woo Hoo, I found my water leak.

Flyinfool

It has had the drips on the floor under the front of the engine for a few weeks now.

At first look I figured OK I know what that is, it is the O-ring on the fill valve. So I crawl around on the floor looking but no sign of dripping or wetness. Hmmmmm......

OK plan 2.

I start checking all of the other O-rings for the thermostat, the plastic angle tube to the water pump and everything else with an O-ring. Nuttin everything is dry.

I even went so far as to put some dye in the radiator to help identify the leak.

Hmmmm...... there is a water spot again but it is not florescent green??????

OK time for some serious head scratchin.:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Then yesterday morning the big clue was finally relieved to me.

On the way riding in to work the temp was right at the dew point. When I rode into a pocket of warmer air, the cool wind shield instantly fogged up. BUT in the fog I could see definite signs of water dripping. So this mourning looking closer, sure enough, another water spot under the bike that was not fluorescent green. But this time I looked up and low and behold there is a drop of water clinging to the ceiling right over where the water spots on the wind screen were.

So my water leak turned out to be a roof leak in the shed where I keep the bike, that was dripping down onto the bike working its way thru the bike to finally drip onto the ground under the bike.

Another great mystery in life solved.....:doh:

Yeaaaa,,, forget it Jeff,, its probably just condensate from the condenser on that white wash machine...:whistling: ... Hey,, wait a minute here,,, better idea would be to drill a few holes in that condenser, let the refrigerant out of it,, problem solved!! :stirthepot:

Glad you found the issue bro!:backinmyday:

Puc

Yeaaaa,,, forget it Jeff,, its probably just condensate from the condenser on that white wash machine...:whistling: ... Hey,, wait a minute here,,, better idea would be to drill a few holes in that condenser, let the refrigerant out of it,, problem solved!! :stirthepot:

Glad you found the issue bro!:backinmyday:

Puc

Ya know Puc, now that you mentioned that.....

I'm thinking that if I start making snow now the snow will cover the roof leak freeze solid and it will stop leaking. But there is no tellin where else will get snow.......:snow2: :snow2: :snow2:

Ya know Puc, now that you mentioned that.....

I'm thinking that if I start making snow now the snow will cover the roof leak freeze solid and it will stop leaking. But there is no tellin where else will get snow.......:snow2: :snow2: :snow2:

Hold on a second.............enough with the making snow and freezing stuff talk........the only ice I wanna see is in my glass of bourbon or my glass of Apple Pie.

No more snow talk please.......it is still riding season.

Thank you my rant is finished........carry on

Mike

Hold on a second.............enough with the making snow and freezing stuff talk........the only ice I wanna see is in my glass of bourbon or my glass of Apple Pie.

No more snow talk please.......it is still riding season.

Thank you my rant is finished........carry on

Mike

Head south, it's riding season all year here:thumbsup: