IGNORED

Center stand and side stand mod.

Today I put the bike on the lift and did as Ponch said and put a small piece of rubber on the passenger side of the center stand to stop the stand just about 1/8 inch from hitting my pipes. I then did as some recommended at Freebirds MD and used a grinder to very slowly and precisely grind the tip of my side stand off just a very little. This is to let it pass the center stand. I used a wet rag to keep it cool while doing this, and so not to cause the chrome to come off later. I got it to 1/8" of the center stand to pass. I then sprayed some black gloss paint into the lid of the can and used a twisted piece of paper towel to carefully paint the grind end of the side stand. Once fixed I then put my hydraulic floor jack under the bike while on the lift and raised the bike enough so that I could put the center stand down. Worked great, solid on the lift. I also cut myself a 9 1/4" 2x4 and put it my saddle bag.

Very satisfied customer Ponch. Thank you and thanks to all for advise.

[ATTACH]58361[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58362[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58363[/ATTACH]

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Hey, where are the pictures!!? We have rules here!!!!

Sorry Joe, I will remember that next time. I did not take one single picture. I could have used my phone and did that. Maybe if I can find the cord to download and take a few now. I have never tried it on this lap top. Nice meeting you at Freebirds. Don't want to get something else started here, but I am so glad you did not get hurt in the trailer accident some time ago. God was watching over you, I am sure.

Fuzzy

God has been really, really, good to me! I have a friend who enjoys telling me that God "Loves a broken and contrite heart!" Took me over a year to get "broken" Did not enjoy that year one bit but the rewards of living a life obedient to God still pour in now!

Pleasure meeting you and lets hook up sometime before the next MD in Ohio!!! Hope the Rose family is doing ok with their grief.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, where are the pictures!!? We have rules here!!!!

Here are the after wards pictures I said that I would get 1joeranger. The side stand has been ground off and you really can not see it. The center stand is no longer hitting my left side pipe. I put my rear brake pads on this evening and I am going to try to do a thread on that with several photos, maybe it will help someone. I started it tonight and worked on it for two hours and hit the wrong key some how and lost it all. So I am not sitting up any longer tonight.:smash2:

Today I put the bike on the lift and did as Ponch said and put a small piece of rubber on the passenger side of the center stand to stop the stand just about 1/8 inch from hitting my pipes. I then did as some recommended at Freebirds MD and used a grinder to very slowly and precisely grind the tip of my side stand off just a very little. This is to let it pass the center stand. I used a wet rag to keep it cool while doing this, and so not to cause the chrome to come off later. I got it to 1/8" of the center stand to pass. I then sprayed some black gloss paint into the lid of the can and used a twisted piece of paper towel to carefully paint the grind end of the side stand. Once fixed I then put my hydraulic floor jack under the bike while on the lift and raised the bike enough so that I could put the center stand down. Worked great, solid on the lift. I also cut myself a 9 1/4" 2x4 and put it my saddle bag.

Very satisfied customer Ponch. Thank you and thanks to all for advise.

[ATTACH]58361[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]58362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]58363[/ATTACH]

Fuzzy