IGNORED

Wonky GPS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the promised USB stick from Yamaha came in the mail today. Followed instructions to update software, which worked as advertised.

Went for a short ride to see if the GPS has learned difference between left and right for my commute home from work.

Verdict is nope.. :(

Let's hope the occasional GPS freeze issue is gone.

e178983812884a2ba2af39e5a3e65002.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I had issues with my GPS on the Eluder locking up. After many trips to dealership and conferences with Yamaha techs, they issued a beta-update and had the dealer apply it to the gps. It is working fine now. They said that they were going to release it to all the dealers shortly. This update does not include a map update. They say they will be issuing 1 free map update in the near future, after that it will be about $100 for each new map update.

I thought that updates were free for 5 or ten years. I remember hearing that in early advertising.

So the promised USB stick from Yamaha came in the mail today. Followed instructions to update software, which worked as advertised.

Went for a short ride to see if the GPS has learned difference between left and right for my commute home from work.

Verdict is nope.. :(

Let's hope the occasional GPS freeze issue is gone.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180620/e178983812884a2ba2af39e5a3e65002.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Thats very weird Daniel. I’m having no such issues with mine. I wonder if the GPS antennae is possibly mounted with the wrong orientation. I’m truly guessing here and have no idea if that makes a difference. I’m grasping at straws to help you. I’d be raising cain at my dealership and in the phone with Yamaha incessantly until they resolved what the issue is with this.

• 1 month later...

I have enjoyed reading all the issue about the GPS system. It is better sweet do to the fact that i have had the same problems with my star venture , Have installed two updates and have talked with Yamaha fractory many times. The format is a GPX system. will not except any down load form the Garmin system which is the best system out there. did a lot of touring for a long time on Goldwings and Harleys. This is the worst system and most complicated system i have tried to figure out. Not much Dealer help at all. Hope for a big change real soon. Got bike in December and now have 5000 miles on it. Good luck and keep in touch.

I thought that updates were free for 5 or ten years. I remember hearing that in early advertising.

I was told by Yamaha that the GPS updates (system updates) are included, The MAP updates however; are not, they will be about $150.00 per update. I was very disappointed when I head this since the mapping of the area I live in is about 2 years out of date. You would think that the first one would be free. Sad thing is, you can buy a Garmin GPS with life time maps for about the same price you pay for the updates.

I have the same complaint with the NAV system in my truck.