IGNORED

Helping A Forum Member With His MKI VR!

skydoc_17

Currently, I have a 1984 MKI Venture Standard at the shop that among other things has a completely destroyed rear brake caliper. Unfortunately, all of my parts bikes are MKII bikes. If anyone has a rear brake caliper for the model years 1983, 1984, or 1985 (2 piston caliper) I am willing to PAY for it, and the shipping as well. Even if the caliper needs a rebuild, I have the kits here, but his caliper body was damaged. I am trying to get this bike back on the road for the owner, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I put this in the wrong place, I apologize.

Earl

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skydoc_17 said:

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the reply! Trying to find one of these calipers is like trying to find "Chicken Lips"! They are just not to be had.

Earl

@skydoc_17, I am sure I can come up with one. It will definitely need to be gone thru though cause my parts bikes have been sitting a good while. Does $35 shipped sound fair? I will ship USPS flat rate so it should be there in a couple days. If that works just P.M. me your shipping address and I will go out back and pull one for you. Puc 

P.S. THANK YOU for keeping these amazing MK1's on the road ya lop eared varmint!

1 hour ago, skydoc_17 said:

Hey Pucster,

You Sir are a lifesaver! PM sent! 

Thanks, my friend, Ill post pics when I get this bike finished!

Earl

and it is on its way! See you lop eared varmint,, chicken lips arent that hard to find LOL... @skydoc_17, the caliper was still mounted on the bike and the pads were not on it but I was smart enough to have pushed the pistons all the way back in after I had stolen the pads out of it years ago (probably to keep in my bikes maintenance department for an emergency, you know how it is). The brake line was still attached and when I pulled the banjo I got brake fluid out of the caliper so I am fairly certain the internal area's of the caliper should make for a fine rebuild. I most certainly hope it helps in your situation my brother. I will jump over to the PM you sent me and send a pic of the tracking number for it. Keep the faith and YOU are welcome Earl! Puc