IGNORED

Electrical stuff

ReinyRooster

So....I'm not too bad when it comes to the simpler mechanical stuff but am useless with electrical stuff......so I will be reaching out to some of my local RSV friends for some help installing some electrical stuff in the future. I pick up my 09 today. I will be needing to install a GPS, my satellite radio and I have a 2 camera dashcam type set-up as well.

Hopefully somebody in my area is good with this stuff.

Thanks guys.

Rooster

• Like 1

Easy to do except mounting the front camera.

Contact Steve @M61A1MECH on this forum. You will need two breakout harnesses. One in the rear to give you extra plug and play power for rear camera if camera needs power from rear of bike. One in front to split power from the 12volt cig lighter under left fairing. 

The front one I got from him and that enabled me to power up the GPS and xm radio from the cig lighter connection. Plug and play.

I mounted the xm on the left handle bar and the gps on the right. I originally took the xm audio and routed it into the gps aux input. Then took the gps audio out into a simple wire splitter from the aux audio circuit on the bike. This gave me xm audio with gps audio directions over music. All done inside fairing.

The simple wire splitter I added to the aux audio connection input at the trailer deck. Stereo mini jack and plug.

Last year I took the xm off of the gps and added a passive mixer that has 3 inputs. I used one input for gps, one for xm and one to the aux audio jack by the tape deck for mp3 player if I ever need it. The volume control for mixer comes out of fairing and sits in a pouch on the tank.

Right now I have an sd card in the gps filled with tunes, tape deck, am/fm radio and an xm radio. All playable from handlebars.

Lots more to discuss, if you need more detail.

David

20180610_105351A.jpg

IMG_20160307_102447_589.jpg

IMG_20160307_102453_285.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
Add pics
  • Like 2