IGNORED

Gun Collectors Dreamland

Condor

That's why I like those Spaghetti Westerns so much.... All of them cost more than my house... and in a few cases more than the whole block is worth....

Spaghetti's are cheap... I did run into a couple of unusual black powder repro's last month. An 1847 Walker Colt 1st Ed., and an 1851 Colt Navy. Bought them from an auction house close to where my daughter lives down on the central coast. I paid for them and they picked them up and brought them up the last time they visited. So it was a sight unseen purchase. When I finally got to look at them they didn't have anything engraved on the barrels or receivers other than a very light proof mark NP which is Italian for black powder. No maker... no nuttin'.... I wonder if they might have been movie props?? Beautiful guns.... and a heck of a lot cheaper than the real thing... and probably a lot better made...

The Colt Walker we talked about in the last auction went for over $1 million dollars.

There were a couple of them on their list that went for way over a mill.... I can't even wrap my head around that sort of money...or the folks that have it... I guess for some it's just pocket change... :mo money: Remember it takes two or more bidders to run the price up... and for a lot of them it's just an ego thing, not the item... I've seen auctions turn into pissing contests...