IGNORED

Strange thing on Amazon.com this morning

luvmy40

I've had a set of Progressive Suspension fork springs, part # 11-1112 in my "saved for later" cart at Amazon for about six months. They've been priced at $85.00 or so, up or down a few dollars since I first looked at them.

Today, I was checking on a couple orders and I saw they were priced at $58.00 but the fitment check said they did not fit my 1983 Yamaha XVZ12. I double checked the pat number of offering and and the part # Progressive listed for the Venture and everything matched up so I pulled the trigger on the springs.

I hope I don't get that email telling me there was a mistake with the listing. That happened the last time I saw a great deal on the Ken Onion Work Sharp system at Amazon. They listed the sharpener at 50% of normal but cancelled many hundreds of orders due to a listing error.

We'll see what happens this time.

I've had a set of Progressive Suspension fork springs, part # 11-1112 in my "saved for later" cart at Amazon for about six months. They've been priced at $85.00 or so, up or down a few dollars since I first looked at them.

Today, I was checking on a couple orders and I saw they were priced at $58.00 but the fitment check said they did not fit my 1983 Yamaha XVZ12. I double checked the pat number of offering and and the part # Progressive listed for the Venture and everything matched up so I pulled the trigger on the springs.

I hope I don't get that email telling me there was a mistake with the listing. That happened the last time I saw a great deal on the Ken Onion Work Sharp system at Amazon. They listed the sharpener at 50% of normal but cancelled many hundreds of orders due to a listing error.

We'll see what happens this time.

I believe thats the part number for the MKII (86-93). The forks were a little different for the MKI (up to 85). I've scoped out the Progressive sight and they have the same PN for MKI and MKII. I'm 96.75% sure that when I bought mine there were two different part numbers for and aft 86.

I did call progressive once for a little guidance on preload setting for my Vmax and my experience with their customer service was very positive, I would suggest a call to them for clarification of correct part numbers. Let us know what happens, I hope you get the right PN in that price, thats a pretty deep discount.

Speaking of Amazon. I have ordered a few things from them but I discontinued using them when they started hitting my card for charges that I didn't make. Then today they called and wanted people from my area to work from home for them at $25.00 an hour. Thought it was a scam and hung up with out saying a word.

I believe thats the part number for the MKII (86-93). The forks were a little different for the MKI (up to 85). I've scoped out the Progressive sight and they have the same PN for MKI and MKII. I'm 96.75% sure that when I bought mine there were two different part numbers for and aft 86.

I did call progressive once for a little guidance on preload setting for my Vmax and my experience with their customer service was very positive, I would suggest a call to them for clarification of correct part numbers. Let us know what happens, I hope you get the right PN in that price, thats a pretty deep discount.

Progressivesuspension.com lists the same part number for the 1983 Venture Standard and the 1989 Venture Royale, 11-1112

• 2 weeks later...