IGNORED

Sound System

dkaiser

So, In redoing My '87 VR. I didn't want to even deal with the stock Radio/CB/Intercom -- outdated, didn't even know if any of it worked. so it's gone.

Now, I am thinking we will use Chaterbox for intercom. But would like to be able to hook MP3 player up to the stock speakers. Where would be the best place to start on this? I guess I would need an Amp to do it?

D

I would assume you will need to get some type of Amplifier.

It would have to be at least 15 Watt per channel.

Do you still have the Original Amplifier Unit?? You should be able to send the

low wattage Audio into the original amp, and speakers.

Or, install a Car Radio, with about 25 Watt per channel, that has an Aux. Input.

Feed the audio from the Chatterbox into the Aux input.

This is just one idea.

I think " Car Toys " sells a couple of Amplifier units for Car Speakers.

I took all the origional crap out!!! I got a nice sony head unit 25 Watts Per and new speakers. I mouted it in the origional location with a Jenson marine enclosure, took some modification but it looks and works great. The head unit has an AUX in, that is where I hook my MP3/Satelite radio (Steletto 100). The sony that I got has a wired "joystick" style remote which I mountd on the Clutch resevior, that is the best feature!!!

Good luck!

I am installing a j&m itergratr on my bike this year. It has driver/pass intercom, radio input (I am using a satt radio), cb and/or 2 way radio input (not at the same time), cell phone input, navigation input, and radar detector input. I still haven't got the head sets yet as we might get new helmets I haven't decided yet on what ones to get. I have installed the extension cables, and ptt switches but haven't finished the install. I have spent most of my spare time adding a set of floor boards and heal toe shifter but it will be done in the next month or so.