IGNORED

08 Venture - Radiator Cap

I've an 08 Venture...tonight, pulling into the driveway, I hear a muffled, air escaping through a radiator cap, sound. I turn off the ignition and I can hear the coolant recovery bin bubbling...

I refilled the recovery bin, ran the bike to heat it up again, with the same symptoms listed above. As the bike cools, the recovery bin empties as expected.

anyway, does anyone have a radiator cap part number...one that I might be able to pick up from the local auto parts store rather easily?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Walt

3xp-12462-00

Thanks Don, that's the OEM (Yamaha) part number....I cant have one of those in my hands until Mon-Tues next week.

Im looking for an AutoZone or Napa part number...probably will be cheaper that Yama-Mama anyway...

Take the cap off and swing by your local Autozone. Have them test it. The service manual says 13.8 to 18 lbs. So a 14 to 16 lb cap will work. I think it is smaller than say a standard F150 cap. but the smaller import cars have been running the small caps for years. autozone cap 7513 from what I have found is a possible sub. About 9 buck opposed to the $25 Yamaha thinks a cap is worth.