IGNORED

Hooking up XM/Satellite radio (wiring)

Hi. I have a question regarding an installation of an XM/Sirius radio. I do have the unit, cradle and cables. I am not worried about brackets, because on the board here I see how the members' mount them up. Shouldn't be a problem.

On the cradle there are 3 inputs/outputs, one says DC in which I hook into a cigarette lighter socket. Other one is Ant in, which is the antenna, no problem there, my issue is the Audio out ? Do I connect that cable to the input beside the cassette deck ? (Royal Star Venture '07) or somewhere else ? Thanks

Guest tx2sturgis

You can do it that way, but you might get some unwanted noise, and/or, the audio might be low.

I've had good luck using the cassette adapter unit that comes with some of the XM radios, or used to. You can also buy them pretty cheap on ebay and amazon.

I opened the fairing and put a splitter in the line behind the cassette and plugged in the output there. Doing it that way you don't have to have the cassette door open all the time.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Guest tx2sturgis
I opened the fairing and put a splitter in the line behind the cassette and plugged in the output there. Doing it that way you don't have to have the cassette door open all the time.

Just FYI...my cassette door is not 'open all the time'...

:stickpoke: