IGNORED

Bike to Palo Duro?????

Aimhigh

Guest tx2sturgis
We are looking at going to Palu Duro (Texas) next summer. Has anyone gone there on a motorcycle? Was wondering if it's good on a bike' date=' or would it be better to cage it? Appreciate any help.[/quote']

There are several camping areas, and if you come during the summer, you can see the outdoor drama, 'Texas', in the amphitheater.. I PREFER to see the canyon from the saddle of a bike, but keep in mind the facilities tend to be rustic. There is a small c-store but its best to stop in Amarillo or Canyon to buy last minute supplies and food, if you will be camping. Heat is a factor in the summer, so bring water, sunscreen and food if you expect to be there more than a few hours. Motorized vehicles are not allowed off pavement, so bring along a pair of comfy shoes if you want to hike the many trails in the park.

Have fun!

http://www.palodurocanyon.com

There are several camping areas, and if you come during the summer, you can see the outdoor drama, 'Texas', in the amphitheater.. I PREFER to see the canyon from the saddle of a bike, but keep in mind the facilities tend to be rustic. There is a small c-store but its best to stop in Amarillo or Canyon to buy last minute supplies and food, if you will be camping. Heat is a factor in the summer, so bring water, sunscreen and food if you expect to be there more than a few hours. Motorized vehicles are not allowed off pavement, so bring along a pair of comfy shoes if you want to hike the many trails in the park.

Have fun!

http://www.palodurocanyon.com

Yea, I remember my trip to Palo Duro. Lets see that was August of 2008 on my return trip from Sturgis when tx2sturgis and silverbullet were my guide and treated me like traveling Royalty.

Hey Brian remember that river crossing on the Ventures and the photo op at Charles Goodnights dug out. Fond memories of a wonderful motorcycle adventure.

Wife and I were in the park weekend before last. Had some friends trying out their new camper. Started cooling down as soon as the sun went behind the cliffs. Upper 70's. Will drop into the 60's or lower at night at this of the year. There is another part of the Palo Duro Canyon that's not a part of the Park it's self. It's called Hamblen Drive. It goes through the ranch land part of the canyons. About 30 miles southeast of Amarillo on US 287 you will find the little town of Claude. When you get to the blinking light go south on HWY 207 about 20 miles. It's about 10 miles through the canyons to the other side. There's even an overlook on the south side you can go up to and look over the canyons.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Tx_Hwy_207.jpg/220px-Tx_Hwy_207.jpg