Here are the pics of my RSTD with Tour Pak added. This version was an aftermarket copy of the HD tour pack and had the rib in the bottom to sit atop the HD mounting bracket. I used my belt sander to take that off then welded up some square tubing to make the mount. I then put some rubber between my mount and the bottom of the tour pack, using 1/4" bolts and lock nuts. The back rest that came with it broke the rubber mounting blocks our first time out, so I ordered better replacements from McMaster Carr as suggested on this site. I'll be making another bracket at some point just to get a bit more sylish and maybe I'll have that one powder coated or chromed. This one just has some black RustOleum on it.

Edited by farm1810
Add pics

• 2 years later...

Nice!....and so glad you took the time to post the pictures. This helps me so much because I just purchased a 2009 HD tour trunk off ebay and hope to get it installed soon on my 2006 RSTD. I would appreciate any pointers on how you installed yours and the bracket you made....please email or call me if you have time.

Thanks