IGNORED

Speedometer display - no LCD display

XV1100SE

2009 RSV (Canadian version)... hadn't noticed anything "missing" until a recent post by a UK member showing that their speedometer showed MPH on the glass display and the LCD displayed KPH. Mine only has KPH on the glass display and the LCD is blank.

Question for Canadian (bike originally sold in Canada, and not US import) bike owners... does your speedometer show anything other than the needle on the LCD ? Is yours the same as mine or like the one in http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=695026&postcount=18

Mine is like attached.

General question - is there a button combination (reset/select) to toggle the display?

One more comment... if the glass display is in MPH then the odometer would also be in MPH. With bikes with the glass display showing KPH then obviously the odometer is in kph too.

Wondering.... how does the bike "know" which readings/display to use? Was thinking there might be a different notch on the glass that the computer picks up. That would make assembly easy so they don't have to use a different computer based on destination. Just a different glass piece?

Also wondering... if there is a key combination to enable the lcd panel to display MPH... what is it ?

Are all Canadian sold bikes without the LCD display (which I would expect would show in MPH) or is mine "special" ? Don't see anything in the parts guide or owners manual. Being a Canadian holiday tomorrow, won't be able to ask the dealer until Tuesday.

Just a guess here, but I wonder if that is some kind of "software fix" for imported bikes in the U.K. The imported bikes I've seen in Canada usually had the MPH speedo. Mine is the same as yours by the way.

Andy

Just a guess here, but I wonder if that is some kind of "software fix" for imported bikes in the U.K. The imported bikes I've seen in Canada usually had the MPH speedo. Mine is the same as yours by the way.

Andy

The UK bike was an import from the US. From what I've heard in the other thread, U.S. bikes have both displays.

Not sure if it is Canadian bikes that don't have the dual display or if there is a way to turn it on. Hoping someone can suggest something. If not, I'll ask the dealer on Tuesday.

Hope you are enjoying the Canada Day long weekend !

:canada:

I'll bet the UK bike has a transparent overlay on the outside of the glass of the speedo.

Looking carefully at the owners manual, the picture of the speedo has the display in the lcd, not overlayed on the glass. From what other's responded in the other thread, this is standard display with US bikes.

FYI.... Canadian bikes do NOT have the dual speed display. I went to the local dealer and they called Yamaha Canada to confirm but apparently there are a few differences between Canadian and U.S. bikes and not having the speed displayed on the lcd panel is one of them.

A question for owners in countries where kph is the standard.... does your bike display have the lcd display active ? Just wondering if it is a "Canadian thing" or not.

Speedometer and how fast you're going? Does there ever really matter? Guess only when the "Law" pulls you over. I rely on my GPS with the speed noted. The Speedo is out by about 10%.

Don,

Mine is a Canadian bike and only speaks Canuck! :think:

FYI.... Canadian bikes do NOT have the dual speed display. I went to the local dealer and they called Yamaha Canada to confirm but apparently there are a few differences between Canadian and U.S. bikes and not having the speed displayed on the lcd panel is one of them.

A question for owners in countries where kph is the standard.... does your bike display have the lcd display active ? Just wondering if it is a "Canadian thing" or not.