IGNORED

Flanders may stop making RSTD Bars

Solodadof2

HellI just talked to Buckeye performance and they told me a minimum of 4 weeks and they are considering discontinueing the line. He said he will not be keeping them in stock as they are not selling as well as in the past, but will order them as needed. So I will be placing and order and if you have been thinking about it now is the time. The whole package with ss lines, bar end kit, slip over grips, bars, and all necessary cables is $582.00. You can save $40 by not going with the SS lines.

Ultimately I was able to find ONE set of Flanders 650-08783 handlebars, but it took a lot of looking before I finaly found that one set. Yes, I did get the very last set that Rick at Buckeye Performance had, and they are in shipment as we speak. But I really did check about 6 other vendors, including speaking to Jim Flanders himself, and while all the other vendors advertised that they had them, when you go to the point of ordering them, all of them said they were out-of-stock.

Jim Flanders told me that it was all his Dad's fault. (sure?)

I expressed to him that there is a large community of riders that not only want these bars, but need them. I also told him that there MUST be a need for them, as all the vendors are out-of-stock. Does that not say something to them?

So I called Rick at Buckeye back, ordered his last set, as well as the higher output stator, and will be receiving both on Thursday.

It is too bad that when we find a product that works, and the supply dries up, that the manufacturer doesn't recognize that they could make more money by making more of that product, rather than discontinuing it.

:confused24:

NUTS!!! I guess the next questions is. . .Are there any others out there?? AND can you turn the risers around and drill and tap new holes for the speedo?

Just my luck. . .another Day late and a dollar short for me! :depressed: :depressed:

Just asking

Tim

I just talked to rick and placed my order for the flanders bar complete kit. Rick shared with me that in his discussions with Flanders they would do another order but would not guarantee him they would make them again. So if nothing else you should order the bars and get the rest later.

I'm in the process of putting risers with a full set of Buckeye's SS cables +2's for my RSTC. If this does not take care of the problem I have with too far forward bars, I will probably have to go the Flanders route. My question is does the same set of Flanders bars fit the RSTC?? Dumb question I know, [not everything on the TC matches the TD] but if they're going to be this hard to find, I'm debating going ahead and buying a set just in case. I've no doubt finding someone to buy them from me IF I don't need them should not be a problem. I just have to figure out if I need to go ahead and do it. :scratchchin:

• 4 weeks later...

Please. . has this been confirmed? If so, what would be the alternative? My dealer has been putting me on hold a week at a time for 3 weeks. Supposed to have been shipped after 7/4 and to be in end of this week (today) no call. I'm heading down tomorrow to see what gives.

but. . .what alternatives to the 650-08783's

Did everyone that changed their bars go with these?

just wondering if I need to bark up another tree ;)

Just saying. . .

Tim