Got the carbs on, and was trying to adjust the mixture screws, which were turned all the way in. All 4 were stuck. Got 3 of them loose, but the last one rounded out the screw head. Pulled the carbs, took the one with the stripped screw off the rack, and got the screw out with an easy out. Reassambled my carbs and reinstalled. Now it seems to be running on all 4 cylinders. But I had fuel pouring out of the small plastic overflow on all 4 carbs (pic below). :depressed: Gave them a few taps with a rubber mallet and 2 of them stopped, but 2 of them are still running a constant stream when the key is on and after the key is off.I am assuming that is because the bowl is still full.

I am thinking stuck floats, or float level :confused24:

Any input is appreaciated.

If I see what I think I am seeing, that is not an overflow. There is a screw that you can open that lets you put a clear hose on the fitting you are showing so you can check your float levels. I suspect you are messing with the wrong screws and they should be closed.

RandyA

If I see what I think I am seeing, that is not an overflow. There is a screw that you can open that lets you put a clear hose on the fitting you are showing so you can check your float levels. I suspect you are messing with the wrong screws and they should be closed.

RandyA

:sign yeah that: that plastic elbow is the bowl drain. The large screw in that port is the drain screw and should be closed snug. As well as draining carbs, is is used to check float fuel level. As in my pic, with clear hose attached to plastic nipple, and curved up above top of carbs, drain screw is opened and fuel level shows in the tube, should be about the level of my blue lines on diaphram covers.

Also in my pic is the idle needle screw you seek, it my be unber a brass plug that needs drilled out.

Well, that would explain why they were so damn tight. I figured they were the mixture screws since they were exposed, and someone had (tried) working on the carbs. Half of the screws on the rack were loose, the other half stripped. So hopefully i wont need to pull them off again. :cool10:

Thanks for the input. I expected a quick answer, but not this quick.

Best $12 I have ever spent..............:big-grin-emoticon:

Well, that would explain why they were so damn tight. I figured they were the mixture screws since they were exposed, and someone had (tried) working on the carbs. Half of the screws on the rack were loose, the other half stripped. So hopefully i wont need to pull them off again. :cool10:

Thanks for the input. I expected a quick answer, but not this quick.

Best $12 I have ever spent..............:big-grin-emoticon:

Kurt, you are very welcome and many on here really enjoy helping out. I would suggest doing some search on these operations and you will be amazed at how much information is available.

RandyA

Thanks again to all for the info. This is probably my 15th or 16th set of carbs i've done. I guess not enough sleep and too few hours in the day can cause major brain lock.

Anyway, I now have a bike that idles on 4 cylinders. I have one idle mixture screw that is stuck and feels like the screwdriver slot is damaged. It will barely catch when trying to turn. Hoping the pb blaster can work it's magic once again. Once I take care of that and a carb synch, it is on to the fork seals and maybe paint.

I am hoping to make it to maintenance day this year. Couldn't make it last year due to a herniated disk.

Thanks again for all the help