IGNORED

Dynatek 3000

MikeWa

So is there any noticeable improvements in performance or fuel mileage ?

Brad

Hi Brad:

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

When I installed the Dyna in ours, it did make a difference. Another member of the Southern Cruiser's club that we rode with had an '04 Midnite, exactly the same as ours. Beth and I were on ours, he was riding single on his....his riding name is "Wildman"...should give you some idea of his style......he could not come close to our bike with his, I was running approx. 85,000 k's, his about 24,000.

Sure, could still be lots of variables...but still the same bike. Gas mileage? It was not uncommon for us to get low 60's, 62,63 mpg with ours if we ran in the 80 to 90 kph range, say for instance a ride to Port Stanley and back.....would get back home with over 2 gallons in the tank remaining. If you can control the "wrist/grin factor", your mileage went up.

I also ran K+N air filters, the Harley pipes, and synthetic oils in the engine and rear end, and fresh coolant with water wetter added as well.

The bike ran like jack the bear, would give awesome fuel economy if my wrist let it, and in my opinion, for what that is worth, the Dyna made a difference.

gunk:shock3:

Mine is set at curve 3 which is recommended for a stock Venture and at 7250 rpm. Gator06 has replaced his cams with either vmax or 1st gen version. He runs Curve 4 I believe. Both us are running 06 Black Cherrys, he can't beat me, he's tried but I always have throttle left at the end. Kind of frustrates him....lol. I usually get about 40-42 mpg unless pulling the camper, he gets about 35-38 mpg. The Dyna doesn't necessarily give you more power but definitely the bigger rpm range helps a lot.

Vmax rear end is next on the list.