IGNORED

B4 and After

Condor

A few weeks ago I found a set of Hopnel accessory bags listed on Ebay. They were double ugly but I went ahead and bid on them anyway.... and I got them cheap.. :) After receiving them I used Farnam's Leather New on them. I wasn't sure if they were leather or nauga hide, but figured what the H.. Below are the Before and After pics. They came out pretty nice... :thumbsup2: They came off a '99RSV so now all I have to do is figure out where they were mounted?? :confused07:

A Google search said that Tractor Supply carries Farnam's Leather New.

You convinced me,,, headed there soon.

Thanks, been looking for something like that.

Mike G

Just about any farm supply/saddlery will carry it. I've been using it for years. The '83VR had a custom leather saddle and I used it a lot..... :)

Jack,

Would you see if those Hopnel bags can be fitted to the First Gen saddlebags? I've been eyeing them and others but none have been sold as fitting the First Gen saddlebag guards. Were the ones you got advertised as for the RSV or for Harley or ?

Thanks.

I'll check for fit a little later this afternoon Kev... after the fog burns off... :) They might fit the '90?? And they were listed as coming off a '99RSV, but that doesn't mean that they were originally made for a Venture, or may have been 'adapted'.... :confused07:

Jack,

Would you see if those Hopnel bags can be fitted to the First Gen saddlebags? I've been eyeing them and others but none have been sold as fitting the First Gen saddlebag guards. Were the ones you got advertised as for the RSV or for Harley or ?

Thanks.

Hi Kev. Yeah, with a little smoozing they should fit right behind the passenger board on the bag guard on a MKII. It looks like the top velcro will need to be cinched up pretty tight, and there's not much room between the bag and the board, so your passenger might need be aware.... The big problem will be finding a set. This is the only set I've ever seen on Ebay, and from what I can gather Hopnel has closed up shop. Maybe Nancy at ACE HIGH Leathers could pick up the ball??? They are very roomy and will hold a lot of 'stuff'.... :)

Thanks for checking out the fitment, Jack.

I've seen several different saddlebag guard bags advertised for various Harleys, but I didn't want to spend the dollars to experiment on my '90. I wondered if the bags meant for a Harley would fit a RSV and in turn those same bags might be adaptable to the First Gen. MKII.

I have seen various Hopnel stuff on eBay, but I wasn't aware they were going out of business. Chit! :(

I really appreciate the description of the placement and the passenger foot boards. I had been wondering if there was enough room there for the bags.:bighug:

Thanks, again, Jack for the information.