IGNORED

Cant see through the oil check window.

I have to ask as you said you have had the bike four years. How did you know where the oil level was when you changed it? How much oil do use use during a change.

Is it possible that the oil is over full, over the top of the sight glass.

Is the glass cloudy? Or is it dark?

One trick I have used in the past for dirty sight glasses is adding some Marvel Mystery Oil to the change. It does break loose a lot of grime on the inside of a case.

Mike

I beleive it should only hold around 3.5 quarts of oil. thats why you cant see the level as youre over the top of the window. I would be inclined to drain some out until you can see the level drop to the middle of your window when its level and on your center stand.

I would also check your air filter box as most guys end up with oil up there when the crankcase is overfilled and it gets your filter all messed up too.

brian

AT 5 quarts you are way overfilled. It only takes 3.8 with the filter change. Your level in the sight glass should be at about the middle.Drain a little out then remove the top of your air filter housing and clean out the oil that has gathered there from the breather pushing the overfill up in there.