IGNORED

Victory Demo

BG Hawks

First let me say that I just renewed my membership for another year! :cool10:

This is an awesome place to stay for a while. Matter of fact every morning before work I see what's new.

Wednesday the local Victory dealer had their demo days and I went down to try them out over lunch. Nice day and as busy as I have been at work; I needed a break. I know I will get blasted but since I first laid eyes on the Victory Vision; I wanted that bike. I have heard them all from it's Fugly to George Jetson and of course it's not a Harley. I will also tell you being an Iowa boy and these being assembled in Iowa is a good thing. Can't wait for Indian's to be built here as well.

Test ride was 16 mile course of city, highway and interstate riding.

What I liked about the bike:

1) Well balanced-Was easy to ride in the parking lot to the highway and intestate.

2) Adjustable Windshield-AWESOME where ever you wanted.

3) Comfortable-Seat was good. Able to stretch out with the floorboards. Wife did not ride with me but bike felt roomy

4) Highway and interstate riding-Bike was really smooth and made for touring.

Dislikes

1) Vibration especially in town. I know V4 to V twin.

2) Transmission-Every where I read the tranny was improved A buddy that owes one agreed that it was. Still alot of grinding and clunking noises to me.

3) Engine-Slow response and sluggish. I did have the bike up to 90 on the interstate but seemed sluggish. Same buddy agreed with me compared to his 09. My 06 RSV I crank the throttle and off we go. Did not get that with the Vision.

4) Wind buffeting-Got caught behind a semi and I will tell you that it got real wobbly to the point I slowed down and got back in line. Was riding with a group and we got seperated and was trying to catch up. At that time I was doing 70 mph. Was able to catch up to the group a few minutes later when I got it up to 90.

Biggest disappointment was the engine and transmission. I would tell Victory to keep working and I will stay with my RSV for a LONG TIME!

We did the test ride too. I bought a 2011 Vision last Friday. Immediately took off on a 500 mile weekend trip.

The transmission "clunk" sounds will definitely take getting used to as well as the difference in the RPM range and responsiveness of the V4 vs Vtwin.

What I did notice is the balance, particularly 2 up when coming to stops. It's an incredibly easy handling bike. The comfort was fantastic. I had no fatigue whatsoever when we returned home.

We rode to Eureka Springs for the weekend. I was a bit shocked at the intrigue the bike has to folks. We spent considerable time everywhere we were talking to the people that walked up to our bike. The "fugly" aspect of it, love or hate it, we really love it.

I still love the looks of the Vision; matter of fact I love the looks of the whole line. I know that bike is built for touring. Would love to try one again someday for a longer ride. All 2 wheel or 2 wheel riding is a good thing!

Lol it's all about what trips your trigger. After a year on our RSTD, I feel like ive gone from a heavy, hard handling bike to an agile balanced one. My wife is elated with the inceased level of comfort for her as a passenger. I did enjoy the aggressive rpm fun on the Star for sure but for me personally, on the road for several days touring, I would not want to change back.

I can't wait to ride a vision but I'm afraid once I do the bug will hit hard to have one. I did get the queen to sit on one with me at a bike show but there wasn't any rides. I do like how lite it feels with both of us on it sitting with the stand up! I have found a few forums that I ask questions on and found a few sites with some cool stuff you won't find for the RSV but each has it's pros and cons I'm sure. Keep us up on that new vision!